Acne Community
Cheek Acne Troubles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Cheek Acne Troubles

Recently I've had the most horrid break out on my cheeks, nasty big red suckers all over my left cheek and some on my lower right cheek. It's really grossing me out and makes me really nasty looking. It's weird though because my t zone is completely clear and glowing prettiest my skin has looked in a while minus the cheek area. So to help me out I'd imagine you'd need to know factors about my skin care routine, diet, what going on with me, ect. Well for starters i began the proactive acne regimen about a week and a half ago, before that my skin wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either. I started using it and I realized an improvement in the texture of my skin. It was holiday break so naturally I was being lazy around the house and not wearing make up or too stressed out. I had gone to visit my friend about a couple days into the regimen to visit. A two day trip, naturally my carelessness caused me to mess up y birth control schedule from taking it at night to taking it in the morning. Which I believe triggered the period I wasn't expecting which to this day( about a week later) is still here. Now my diet has always not been the best. I drink a decent amount of water. I've noticed changes in my diet don't normally ever effect my skin, it's always constantly not the best skin. Around the time I messe up my birth control schedule is when I noticed the break outs starting. Normally though my acne goes away after a couple days but it's been a week of constant skin care and precautions and it's almost worse then what it started as. I also need to add in that it's exams for my school and that although it hasn't been terrifyingly stressful it has been in the back of my mind. Also I sleep on my back for the most part and keep my hands of my face. Change my pillow cases once a week, shower on the morning, sleep with my hair up, wash my face night and day and after school sometimes. Like mentioned before I use the proactive regimen which is an exfoliating face wash, toner and repairing cream, all benzoyl peroxide. Now my skin is really oily so I don't mind the drying feeling proactive gives me. If its ever too dry I use aveeno positively radiant face lotion and that normally gets me at a perfect level. If my skin feels too oily I use this clay, oatmeal, avocado mask that makes my skin really soft. I avoid popping pimples unless the really need to be, if they need to be I pop them and clean them with peroxide. So, that basically sums it up. Sorry it's so long but I figured the more you know about me the more you could help me, please help me. I'm desperate and trying to make the best out of my junior year and find it hard when I'm self conscious and girls are cruel about people wearing too much make up or having bad skin. Especially when the rest of you looks good. They'll find anything to tear you down.
Help! I can’t get rid of the acne scars on my right cheek! They’ve been there for so long and while the evening primrose oil has helped to calm the inflammation and redness, the scars are still there!