Acne Community
Child Acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Child Acne

My son is five and has little white/red pimples on his cheeks.  He has had them for over a year, and they are not going away.  His doctor told me to try ALactin and cortisone cream.  I tried them and they both do nothing.  Any suggestions??? I just want my son to have that baby soft clear skin that all other kids have!
if this is childhood acne cortisone cream will make it worse.My son is 8 and has had acne most of his life as have i, i'm 31. Get your doctor to refer you to an endocrinologist who can rule out hormonal imbalance. If it is more like ezcema (eczema) he may need to see a dermatologist. Please do not be worried, but don't ignore the problem either as skin problems can be very distressing. If your GP isn't sympathetic, change to one who is. Love Loiloi x
Avatar n tn
Thanks so much for responding!