Acne Community
Cost of a dermatologist visit?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Cost of a dermatologist visit?

I am considering visiting a dermatologist. How much does a basic consultation cost? Also, how much do you think it would cost for an excision of a sebacuous cyst. Thanks.
Hi. You don't say which country you live in, which will make a difference.
In the UK where I live we have the National Health Service. We all pay towards this service through taxes so that seeing a doctor is "free" at point of contact. The doctor can then refer a patient to a specialist like a dermatologist at no extra cost, but waiting times can be very long.
An appointment with a private dermatologist in the UK costs about £200 GBP and the cost of a private prescription will depend on which medicine is prescribed. Anyone wishing private treatment in the UK should contact their nearest Spires hospital.
Eloise.
I actually live in Canada but here I'm on an 11 month wait list to see a derm, so I am choosing to go to the US instead.

I made an appointment with an American derm and the appointment is in 2 weeks but don't know how much it will cost, my insurance doesn't cover me there. It would be nice to know how much cash to bring, or how much my credit card will be charged.
I have already been on anti-biotics and accutane, cleared up all of my acne for 7 months now except for this one cyst that didn't respond to the medication. I told my Canadian derm before he discharged me he just ignored it. Basically, I went to my family doctor and he said its a cyst and probably needs to be excised, and I told him it tingles and he said thats because its close to the trigeminal nerve. He referred me back to the dermatologist, who i won't see for 11 months. Its impossible for derms to practice privately in Canada (unless they are cosmetic derms), so my only choice to get a faster derm was to make an appointment with an American derm.

I am just going to a small local private practice, not the Mayo clinic or anything, so I am wondering since there are so many people here who have used American dermataologists if they could give me a rough cost.
Hopefully someone will read this thread and know the answer.
I am from Canada and now live in the UK. I have taken Roaccutane (as its called here) twice. I'm now back on Oxytetracycline, Dianette and Differin. I waited a year to see a dermatologist on the NHS last week. He said to continue with meds and I have another appointment in 3 months.
Eloise.
Hey there!! Well I just went to the dermatologist the other day, and they charged me $125, but it all varies depending on what the doctor does to you. The receptionist said that it can go up to $200 dollars, once again, depending on what they do to you... GOOD LUCK  
Don't go to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, NH in USA. My bill was over $300. It's nothing special, only consultation! You need to check small dermatologist offices in USA. Basic price $50-$100.