Acne Community
Could this be Penis Acne or Genital Herpes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Please say this could possibly be penis acne, I recently noticed a somewhat painful and rather large reddish bump with possibly a very small dot sized white head (though it's more clear than white, but I'm not sure if it's fluid filled or what). I'm concerned because I'm uncircumcised so there is a lot of skin overlapping my actual penis so I think the bump may be mainly on skin since I think it might be above the shaft and head so I'm very worried as to what this could be and hoping it's simply acne and nothing serious.

Also to note I am a virgin and I haven't even had anyone perform oral sex on me either, however I do happen to masturbate frequently during the duration of the week and on occasion I do have wet dreams as well. Could this bump simply be a bi-product from either of these things? Also is it even possible to get genital herpes from oneself through masturbation or contact from one's own genital secretions without actually having had it transmitted to you (like it spontaneously just appears) or do you explicitly have to have had the STD transmitted to you from someone else through contact of infected genitalia or genital secretions in order to actually be infected with the STD. To note I've applied acne medications to this bump several times as well as cleaning with soaps and there has been some relief from pain and a slight shrinkage in the size of the bump (or wishful thinking at least).

To say the least it's just that the size and sudden of this bump has surprised me (and the fact a lot of people asking about penis acne mention that their possible penis acne occurs on the shaft and base and is usually white and not red as in my case so this has thrown me into a state of worry since I'm unsure on how to call this being uncircumsized). So please help me come to copes as to whether it's not much to worry about or if it possibly is something even more serious.
UPDATE: I've been told its not an STD due to the obvious but it may be a foreskin infection, I looked up Balanitis and it looks nothing like my bump (Balanitis looks more like a rash compared to this, it's simply a small-ish pea shaped red bump, in fact it more looks like it's raw on the top instead of explicitly being red, theres also natural skin tone around the bump so not ALL of the bump is red, mainly the top which along with the size and shape of the bump makes it noticeable on my foreskin). Any ideas on what it could be or is it simply just acne or irritation caused by masturbation?