Acne Community
Cyst on buttock

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Cyst on buttock

Wondering what I should do....  I have a cysts (or abcess (abscess)) that started out pretty small.  I went to my dermatologist and he injected in with cortisone.  It went down for a couple weeks and now came back much larger.  It feels like a hard round lump under the skin and maybe quarter-sized or so.

Has anyone ever used a drawing salve to draw out the infection?  I would rather not go on an antibiotic but will do so if necessary.  Given the location, I would rather not get it lanced as I sit at my job for 8 hours a day.  Very concerned.  I hope it's not a fistula or other things that I have read about.  
It started out like a small cystic pimple but then it got huge and painful and felt like there was a hard rock under the skin. I went to the Dr. and they said use warm compresses (wet washcloths) with hot water and take as many hot baths as you can in a day.  The dang thing stuck around for months and I finally got sick of it and "lanced" it myself. I dont recommend this, but I used a safety pin that I had dipped in peroxide. Then I did the warm compress thing and it was gone in a couple of days. There was a scar for a while, but at least it didnt hurt to sit and I could stop leaning to the left like some kind of idiot. I'm not sure if it was due to me lancing it or not, but it was better than the Dr doing it because they slice it open. I just stuck the pin in and I think that allowed the peroxide and warm bath water to penetrate it.