Acne Community
Cystic Acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Cystic Acne

I continually get hard, painful pimples on the side and back of my neck. There pimples usually only come one at a time, but when one disappears finally another begins to form and I have no idea how to control it. I use a salicylic acid wash on my face twice a day, and tea tree oil on the large pimples to dry them out. I follow with Aveeno moisturizer afterward to moisturize and calm my skin. Does anyone know how to heal neck acne!? Its really embarassing to always have a huge pimple on my neck.
Make sure it's the acne formula of Aveeno.  There is one without salicylic acid that looks almost exactly the same.  

You could try toothpaste to dry it out too.  Decrease intake of sugary foods.  How is your digestion?  Try a probiotic and magnesium if bowel movements are slow.  
I actually just switched to the acne formula of aveeno so I will see how it goes. As for sugar intake I've been trying to lower it but I feel like I haven't been that bad.
My digestion has been quite good in my opinion, lots of high-magnesium foods and fibre intake
Try st Ives green tea scrub and if you can see a derm and ask for erythromycin 2% gel that helps a lot. Do not touch the area at all I know when I touch the area too much or rest my head and neck on my hand my neck breaks out. If you pop the pimple clean it with hydrogen peroxide it works great for me and helps the pimples go away faster. Been dealing with acne half my life. Also la Roche posay has good products they sell online, cvs, and walgreens.