Derm AHA and salicylic acid products
I started using La Roche Posay's Derm AHA today. However, on the directions, it says I shouldn't use it at the same time or within 24 hours of using other "treatments containing retinoic acid, phenol, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, betahydroxyacids". I recently purchased Clinique's Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup foundation and it says it contains salicylic acid. It does not contain the other ingredients listed above. Would you advise not using the foundation even if I use the Derm AHA only at night? What is the seriousness of the consequences of using these two products simultaneously?
Hi there!

The foundation would not be advisable for the time period you are on the Derm AHA since the salicylic acid could increase the side effects and cause an allergic reaction/ inflammation. You could possibly choose a foundation that does not contain any of the mentioned ingredients.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!