Acne Community
Differin side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Differin side effects

My dermatologist has recently put me on differin .1 gel while I have been on Benzaclyin for the last 3 months.  My acne is under control now and the differin is to help "maintain" my skin.  I have not even been on differin for a week yet, but doing some reading I have seen that there are some long term side effects of using this product including hair loss.  This worries me since I will probably be using this medication for the long term.  I have very thick hair now, but I still don't want to risk it.  I know there is no official listing of this being a side effect, but should I be worried?  Also should I ask my derm next time I see him to switch to retin a micro?  I hear even though it is harsher than differin it works just as well and it does not have this side effect.   Actually it has the opposite effect from what I read and may help hair growth.