Do you believe my skin will scar or have long-term affects, as described below
The other day, I was trying to heal a popped pimple by putting the Neutrogena Oil-Free Astringent on it for about 5 minutes with a cotton ball. When I look at it in the mirror, my skin appeared very white, but I knew that was because of the alcohol in the solution. I checked back later, and it looked practically normal. The next day, I woke up and was greeted by a "scar" of sorts in the shape of a cotton ball, and was a purple complexion (looked like someone punched me, although wasn't too drastic). I was shocked, but later on, I realized my skin was starting to peel, and my normal skin was coming back. I peeled some more on accident and the skin is more of a pink complexion, not any of my pigment returning. I am afraid that a long term scar will occur just because of this. Anyone else had this same issue before?? Or opinions on the case?? Thanks in advance.
Stop picking at it or it will cause it to scar more. If you're really worried I would suggest going to your local pharmacy and asking for an over-the-counter cream to help heal the scar. Otherwise look around your house for some at home remedies such as cucumber and lemon juice.