Acne Community
Does Epiduo Work?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does Epiduo Work?

I have blackheads all on my nose.... And I have moderate acne and breakout atleast once a weak.. I DO HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!
Will Epiduo Work? DId it work for you? What were the pros and cons?
Related Discussions
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi.
Epiduo is a combination of benzoyl peroxide and adapalene. It may cause dryness or irritation when used on sensitive skin. You may prefer to use a product which contains just adapalene called Differin. Differin comes in a 0.1% gel and a 0.3% gel aswell as a 0.1% cream for sensitive skin.
When using topical acne meds use a bland cleanser such as Cetaphil, La Roche-Posay or Vichy to minimise dryness and irritation.
I notice you are 47, have you struggled with acne for a long time? Have you also tried oral antibiotics (doxycycline/minocycline etc?) If long term oral antibiotics and topical retinoids have resulted in failure or relapse, you may be a candidate for oral Isotretinoin (formerly Accutane). This is the strongest acne medication available. It virtually always results in total or excellent skin clearance after just one course lasting 16-24 weeks.
My apologies, in your other post you did not say it was you who suffered with acne, and I asked if you were enquiring for a child.
Best Wishes and welcome to the forum,
Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979