Aa
A
A
Close
Does Epiduo Work?
I have blackheads all on my nose.... And I have moderate acne and breakout atleast once a weak.. I DO HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!
Will Epiduo Work? DId it work for you? What were the pros and cons?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
309783 tn?1271961829
Hi.
Epiduo is a combination of benzoyl peroxide and adapalene. It may cause dryness or irritation when used on sensitive skin. You may prefer to use a product which contains just adapalene called Differin. Differin comes in a 0.1% gel and a 0.3% gel aswell as a 0.1% cream for sensitive skin.
When using topical acne meds use a bland cleanser such as Cetaphil, La Roche-Posay or Vichy to minimise dryness and irritation.
I notice you are 47, have you struggled with acne for a long time? Have you also tried oral antibiotics (doxycycline/minocycline etc?) If long term oral antibiotics and topical retinoids have resulted in failure or relapse, you may be a candidate for oral Isotretinoin (formerly Accutane). This is the strongest acne medication available. It virtually always results in total or excellent skin clearance after just one course lasting 16-24 weeks.
My apologies, in your other post you did not say it was you who suffered with acne, and I asked if you were enquiring for a child.
Best Wishes and welcome to the forum,
Eloise.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources