Acne Community
Does it ever end?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Does it ever end?

I am 48 yrs old!  With the complexion of a kid,  well, some kids!  I had a beautiful complexion until my late 20's.
Now I have horrible skin &  scars (I'm a picker).  Got worse agter having kids.
Will it ever end?
I am using the following     (1) Proactive     (2) L'OREAL acne response
I must admit I am looking a little better.  But my God, it's so expensive!

Any advice on less expensive remedy's?

Thanx,
^j^  D
I have had great results with Proactiv but I don't use it nearly as much as they say to.  I don't even by the refresher part of the three step program and I only use the other two about every other day.  You can't tell I even have a skin problem (also didn't have one until I was 22?) but I can't go too long without using it or I break out.  Every now and then I start to think I don't need it anymore and sure enough after a few days my skin goes south.  My advice would be to get your complexion cleared up and then slowly back off on the frequency and you might be lucky like me and find that it still does the trick.  At first I bought Proactiv's base, powder, shadow etc, basically everything I put on my face came from them.  I have since found that I really only need the cleanser and the lotion to keep my skin clear.  It might be worth a shot to you?
Thank you so much for your advise; I did get it some time back and have taken your advise.  Seems to be working pretty good for me too.
I still get a break out here and there but nothing like it used to be.  
Have you heard of MURAD?  It claims to be better then proactive. It claims that it has longer lasting result becuz it doesn't use the peroxide.  I might give it a try;
Any body who has tried MJRAD, any feedback would be great!
Thanx,
D   ^j^  
Hi. Adult acne is becoming more common. You will have to use acne remedies for as long as you're prone to spots.
I have tried Murad but unfortunately it really irritated my skin. Other people have had good results though.
Instead of shop bought products, I recommend you see your doctor for a course of oral or topical antibiotics. Your doctor can also check your hormone levels as acne often has a hormonal cause.
Eloise x