Acne Community
Doxy, Retin-A, Finacea
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Doxy, Retin-A, Finacea

ok ive been having acne since i was about 14 years old. Im now 2 months into doxy, 3 weeks into retin-A, and about 1 week into finacea. In my first week on retin-a i got a small initial breakout. The second week it started clearing out and smoothing up my texture. Now in my third week im having anoher initial breakout. I use a doxy 100 mg pill in the morn. Also cleanse my face with cetaphil cleanser then apply my finacea in the morn. If i go outside i use a neutrogena oil free 85 spf. then i shower at night and apply retin-a followed by another doxy pill. So what do you all think about this.
Related Discussions
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. We would expect to see a clinical improvement from Retin-A within 4-8 weeks and further improvement with continued use. Although initial breakouts are annoying they are common with topical and oral retinoids and show your medicine is working.
Acne typically responds slowly to oral antibiotics (which is why it is best to use them in conjunction with a topical retinoid as you're doing). It is better to persevere with one brand of oral antibiotics for at least 3-4 months before considering changing to another.
I recommend Cetaphil for skin fragilised by topical acne treatments.
Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank