Extensive linear empidermal nevus
I have a healthy, normal, and smart four year old with an extensive epidermal nevus.  It cover half his face, is on his neck, back and limbs.  It does cross over to the opposite side of his body in some places.  Our dermatologist sent us for an MRI of his brain.  There WERE findings but the Nuerologist assured us it was almost normal and that we shouldn't see any problems there.  He has not presented with any other heath issues, although he did fail his hearing test, he was not able to hear a couple of high pitched tones in one ear (we are currently investigating this).  I do know that there are other associations with this and have brought up my concerns to his pediatrician.  He seems kind of dismissive.  I wonder if we should do further testing or should we just wait and see if something presents itself.
Hi there!

The epidermal naevi syndrome just affects 1/3rd of individuals with epidermal naevi and may be associated with neurological, skeletal, eye etc defects. If your neurologist is positive that the findings should not be anything serious, there should not be anything to worry about.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!