Acne Community
Forehead Acne flare-ups

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Forehead Acne flare-ups

Hi there,

I year ago i had gone to my dermatologist as i had a flare up of  acne on my forehead which i have been suffering from for the past 2 years.

he prescribed a subscription of Minaxen 50 for 6 months and the acne seemed to go calm down a lot. a year later while still taking the prescription im still having flare-ups of acne and cant seem to get a appointment with him till next year.. should i keep taking the pills and continue the daily face wash of La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel?

I also think that my hair wax has something to do with the acne

Karl Naja
Hi Karl!

It is not advised to use the antibiotic without prescription or for longer than it was initially prescribed for. You could try some OTC ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin. If these do not seem to be effective and you are unable to see your dermatologist, I would suggest consulting a primary care physician or another dermatologist for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!