Acne Community
HELP PLEASE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

HELP PLEASE

I am 23 years old and I have never had acne in my life until now. In the areas around my nose and cheeks (the skin that is connected to the nose) and the crease there are clogged pores and white heads. No matter how many times I extract them they keep filling up again right away. I also have these hard bumps that look like whiteheads above my lip. I also have these grey-ish flat bumps that look like they're clogged but they're closed under my skin. I have been using salicylic acid and I feel it worsened my skin. The skin is now dry and itchy and yet oily and shiny and the clogged pores are hardened? There are also these small red bumps just very randomly placed on my face here and there; like eyelid. I've also noticed a thickening of the hair? And these hair like things on my breasts but not really hair but more like dark fibers and clogged pores?! Please help me I'm so depressed.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Acne usually occurs when pores on the surface of the skin become clogged (with bacteria, dirt and cells) which leads to whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.  Hormone changes related to puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, OCP and stress as well as medication side effect, high levels of humidity and sweating may be responsible. Try not to squeeze or scratch it to prevent scarring. Regular washing of the face, eating healthy, and drinking plenty of fluids may help. However,  if it persists, it is best that you check with your doctor or be referred to a dermatologist for proper evaluation. Prescription medications may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted