Acne Community
How can I help lessen my acne?!?!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How can I help lessen my acne?!?!

Hey, so I am 13 almost 14-- and I have started my period 2 months ago and now my face is acting up. When I use cleansers they are either too strong or cause skin irritation Are there any tricks that I can use without having to spend BIG bucks to stop some of the acne? Maybe some at home remedies?!?! Please help! I have a date in a week!!!
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hey there! im 19 and still have occasional acne.
heres some tips that will help

1) ice cube! Just like when you get a sports injury, you put on ice to reduce inflammation. Same for your pimples, will cause swelling and redness to go down. so get an ice cube and gently slide it back and forth on he area until melted when you wake up and go to bed.

2) Aveno Face Bar, super gentle, cleanses pores, and removes make up well if you wear any. use that in the shower

3) Burts Bees Tea Tree Oil. its a miracle. put this on before you go to bed. It may sting momentarily, but it really works.

I know how frustrating it can be... But there isnt anything yet that will zap your zits overnight. Hopefully soon! Goodluck
Blank
Thankyou for the help! I will try it!!!
Blank
4154565_tn?1363867930
Hello,
Try this simple and effective home remedies to remove acne.
• Apply Egg whites on face and leave overnight. Wash off in the morning.
• Mix 1-tablespoon groundnut oil with 1-tablespoon fresh limejuice to prevent formation of and pimples.
• Juice of raw papaya can also be applied on swelling pimples.
• Apply a small amount of toothpaste on pimples before bed, this helps dry out the pimples.
Blank
Thankyou! I tried 3 of them and they work great!!!
Blank
4682981_tn?1357947629
I wish I was your age and know what I know now about how to get healthy skin. The saying goes you are what you eat.. it's very true. The foods we put in our bodies, fuels the body but if it's not good food it can also damage it, cause inflammation. It *****. I had acne problems for years. Cutting out Carbs in the forms of sugars and grains.. it went away.. if I start eating those foods again, they come back. I eat a paleo diet now but I have seen skin miracles with me since cleaning up my food. Lots of luck and take care
Blank
2085202_tn?1373203340
Hello, I'm no stranger to this. When I was a teen I had the worst acne. It's a surprise I even had a girlfriend. I'm still dealing with acne. I've just found out drinking lots and lots of water helps cure it! That and being properly nourished with vitamins especially vitamin D. Agreed with Tialee15 too. Try to cut out soda, greasy foods. Anything sugary or greasy basically. Also when you do get them you can get them gone quicker with applying a little bit of rubbing alcohol with a q tip to the zit it goes away way quicker. Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...