Acne Community
How do I stop the pimples from growing?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

How do I stop the pimples from growing?

Hi, good day. :)
I'm 15 years old, an Asian. I'm not sure about the type of skin I have, but my skin is usually oily. So, I guess, my skin type is oily. I have mild acne. Their size is small, and I have them on my forehead, both cheeks and a little on my chin. Some of them are reddish, while the others are darker than my skin color. I'm exposed to the sun everyday after school for around 5 to 20 minutes, but I always try to avoid it. My diet.. I don't take alcohol, drugs, and I don't smoke. I don't drink caffeinated drinks. I always try to eat healthy foods and maintain it, but I can't because my schedule is not fixed. Usually, I sleep for around 5 to 6 hours every night. I don't touch my face, except during the bath & when I apply the powder to my face. I don't pick my acne.

I once used Sebamed skincare range, and I think it didn't work on my skin. It didn't reduce my pimples. After that, I used Neutrogena for a while, but after finding out that its ingredients are mostly harmful to health, I stopped using it. Now, I have just bought The Skin Food Tea Tree Cleansing Foam, it's made in Korea. I'm not sure about it, I really hope it works well on my skin. I can't comment about it since I have just bought it today. Do you have any suggestion about what product that will work well on my skin? Something that clears the face completely, and not harmful to health?

I don't really care if the price is a lil bit costly, because I've always wanted a flawless skin :(

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help. Have a nice day, may God bless you!
Ahh... you are a smart young person!!!

You are smart to know alcohol, smoking and caffeinated drinks will just make acne worse.  And it's good that you are eating healthy.

A few suggestions.
1.  You need to get your 8 hours of sleep a night.  If you don't get enough sleep you're going to have a higher release of cortisol which will make your acne worse and stimulate your sebaceous glands to make more oil.
2. You can use lemon juice on your acne prone areas, this won't irritate the skin very much, will slough off dead skin cells, and kill acne causing bacteria, it will also help unplug your pores.
3. You might consider drinking a glass of lemon juice mixed with warm water first thing in the morning to help clear toxins out of your system.  At first this may make your acne worse, but after your skin will be thanking you for it.
4. If you have dairy products in your diet you might need to consider removing them.  The cows are injected with hormones and antibiotics.  The hormones themselves will go inside your body and start stimulating sebum production. Also the proteins in milk are very difficult to digest, and thirdly milk is high in lactose a disaccharide of glucose and galactose... essentially that will cause a spike in your blood sugar causing a surge of insulin release.  The insulin will also cause an increase in oil production.
5. You should take out highly refined sugars in your diet , white flour... Again they cause the spike in hormone release.

Think of cleaning yourself out from the inside to the out!
Thank you so much for the suggestions. Yeah I take a lot of dairy products, I drink fresh milk everyday. So now, I have to reduce it, thanks for the info :)
By growing do you mean, spreading and increasing in number or do you mean getting larger?

Acne bacteria is expelled by the body through a pus substance which is white in color. Before oyu can see this pus the area is usually raised and redish in color. If the area is dark it is most likely a blackhead which is the pus having been exposed to air on the surface of the ksin for a long period of time. This occurs when the pore is tightly closed and clogged, and does not expell itself. These need to be extracted and an antiseptic applied to keep bacteria from getting back into the tight pore. The pus will be dark at surface but often white as it comes out of the skin more. scrubs can instigate and increase the rate at which the skin expells the bacteria, so it can be helpful to pull out the acne, however if consistent acne persists it may annoy you by making your acne white heads present all the time.