Acne Community
How do i get rid of the craters on my face?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I picked and picked at my face and now i have these red craters to the right of my face and below my chin and on the sides of my face near my eyes. They are ugly and are lowering my self of confidence. What is the best way to get rid of them.
Hi. As you have found, picking at acne spots seldom improves their appearance and can lead to delayed healing time and scarring.
See your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics and/or a topical retinoid gel to clear up your acne. Use a gentle cleanser such as Estee Lauder's Sparkling Clean cleanser for oily skin, or one by La Roche-Posay.
Most acne scarring is superficial and will fade within one year. The appearance of stubborn scars can be improved with a chemical peel or laser treatment.
Eloise.
i picked and severely damaged my skin and i don't know how i live with such severe scars