How to fade blemishes and stop break outs.
I am going on 30 and I've had problems with my skin for as long as I can remember. I am African American and my skin has tremendous scaring after I had my children.  I've tried EVERYTHING, from proactive, benza mycin, to clean and clear skin products.  My youngest child is a year and I was looking at the pictures of me having her and the scars do appear to have faded a little.  I am looking for a product (I don't care what it cost) that will STOP my break outs and fade my scars.  I am now doing micro dermabrasion hoping that I will see results with this, I am on my 3rd session.  I am new to the area so if anyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist in the area please let me know.
Hey,

I'm with you. I have had acne all my life. However, I found that what I eat affects my breakouts. Sodas, and greasy food really makes my face break out more often then not. Plus, if I eat too much sweets. I know that some doctors will say that food does not cause a reaction, but it does in my family. My nephew (15) was having really bad breakouts and I told him to stop drinking sodas and his acne went away.

I also use proactive twice a day which seems to keep my skin from feeling all oily.

Good luck!!
i'm balck, and i was having severe scarring. i'm very light ski ntoo so i guess you can imagine how that looked!

my scars were near enough jet black.

i was put on dianette..a contraceptive...scars have all dissaspeared and i get like one pimple every 2 weeks.

i'm coming off it though, as i dont want to prevent having children.

its good, try it!
The best thing for acne anywhere on the body is going to a tanning bed. I know that seems silly but if you have tried all these other things, why not. Give it 2-3 weeks for 10-15 mins a day. And sunscreen will prevent any tanning in a bed, however it may effect the outcome of acne treatment. The first day or two the acne maybe worse, but after a week or two u will see the difference guaranteed.
Hi, Im a woman of color in my late twentyz. I also deal with acne (breakouts) on my face. Its crazy that it took me to this point in age to get acne. I dont have them all over the face, but several on my Cheeks.I have use about every facial product there is. But for the last 9months i've use a African Black Soap that have 100% Aloe Vera in it, and it dont dry out the skin. I use it twice aday. sometimes a hot steam can help. but 2close your open pores, i use a moisturizer called (NIVEA)aloe
Hi, Im a woman of color in my late twentyz. I also deal with acne (breakouts) on my face. Its crazy that it took me to this point in  age to get acne. I dont have them all  over the face, but several on my  Cheeks.I have use about every facial product there is. But for the last 9months i've use a  African Black Soap that have 100% Aloe Vera in it, and it dont dry out the skin. I use it twice aday. sometimes a hot steam can help. but 2close your open pores, i use a moisturizer called (NIVEA)aloe
Hi...I am an african american woman and i'm 33 and I had a bout with acne and scarring as far back as I can remember. A couple of years ago, I went to the dermatologist and he put me on Triaz and Differin adn I LOVE these products. They worked wonders for my skin. I only get a pimple or two around my cycle and my skin is CLEAR.....However, things got worse before they got better but it was worth it. You may want to see a dermatologist to see what will work for you.
I am 35... I have had acne on my face, back, and chest; sometimes even my buttocks. Proactiv is working for me. I thought is was all **** the commercials, but it really did work for me. I use the cleanser, toner, repairing lotion 2 times a day (this keeps me from breaking out) Then to fade the marks I use over the counter AMBI cream.  It is working very nicely. I also use the Proactiv refining mask! It is good for when break out before or after your period!  

I have only been doing this for 7 weeks and my skin is clearer and softer.

In another 7-10 weeks I am hoping my face will be completely clear!!!