Aa
A
A
Close
How to fade blemishes and stop break outs.
I am going on 30 and I've had problems with my skin for as long as I can remember. I am African American and my skin has tremendous scaring after I had my children.  I've tried EVERYTHING, from proactive, benza mycin, to clean and clear skin products.  My youngest child is a year and I was looking at the pictures of me having her and the scars do appear to have faded a little.  I am looking for a product (I don't care what it cost) that will STOP my break outs and fade my scars.  I am now doing micro dermabrasion hoping that I will see results with this, I am on my 3rd session.  I am new to the area so if anyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist in the area please let me know.
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey,

I'm with you. I have had acne all my life. However, I found that what I eat affects my breakouts. Sodas, and greasy food really makes my face break out more often then not. Plus, if I eat too much sweets. I know that some doctors will say that food does not cause a reaction, but it does in my family. My nephew (15) was having really bad breakouts and I told him to stop drinking sodas and his acne went away.

I also use proactive twice a day which seems to keep my skin from feeling all oily.

Good luck!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i'm balck, and i was having severe scarring. i'm very light ski ntoo so i guess you can imagine how that looked!

my scars were near enough jet black.

i was put on dianette..a contraceptive...scars have all dissaspeared and i get like one pimple every 2 weeks.

i'm coming off it though, as i dont want to prevent having children.

its good, try it!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
The best thing for acne anywhere on the body is going to a tanning bed. I know that seems silly but if you have tried all these other things, why not. Give it 2-3 weeks for 10-15 mins a day. And sunscreen will prevent any tanning in a bed, however it may effect the outcome of acne treatment. The first day or two the acne maybe worse, but after a week or two u will see the difference guaranteed.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi, Im a woman of color in my late twentyz. I also deal with acne (breakouts) on my face. Its crazy that it took me to this point in age to get acne. I dont have them all over the face, but several on my Cheeks.I have use about every facial product there is. But for the last 9months i've use a African Black Soap that have 100% Aloe Vera in it, and it dont dry out the skin. I use it twice aday. sometimes a hot steam can help. but 2close your open pores, i use a moisturizer called (NIVEA)aloe
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi, Im a woman of color in my late twentyz. I also deal with acne (breakouts) on my face. Its crazy that it took me to this point in  age to get acne. I dont have them all  over the face, but several on my  Cheeks.I have use about every facial product there is. But for the last 9months i've use a  African Black Soap that have 100% Aloe Vera in it, and it dont dry out the skin. I use it twice aday. sometimes a hot steam can help. but 2close your open pores, i use a moisturizer called (NIVEA)aloe
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi...I am an african american woman and i'm 33 and I had a bout with acne and scarring as far back as I can remember. A couple of years ago, I went to the dermatologist and he put me on Triaz and Differin adn I LOVE these products. They worked wonders for my skin. I only get a pimple or two around my cycle and my skin is CLEAR.....However, things got worse before they got better but it was worth it. You may want to see a dermatologist to see what will work for you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I am 35... I have had acne on my face, back, and chest; sometimes even my buttocks. Proactiv is working for me. I thought is was all **** the commercials, but it really did work for me. I use the cleanser, toner, repairing lotion 2 times a day (this keeps me from breaking out) Then to fade the marks I use over the counter AMBI cream.  It is working very nicely. I also use the Proactiv refining mask! It is good for when break out before or after your period!  

I have only been doing this for 7 weeks and my skin is clearer and softer.

In another 7-10 weeks I am hoping my face will be completely clear!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources