Acne Community
Hyperpigmentation after pimple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Hyperpigmentation after pimple

Hi there about 9 months ago i had a pimple on the middle of my head towards the eyebrows. I then popped it and it formed a scab (black) .While i was having a shower the scab fell off leaving my skin looking pink/reddish.This wasn't a problem as i had it before, however this time the pink/reddish skin didn't go away. I'm dark skinned (dark brown) and right in the middle of my head is this pink mark, please help me. How do i make it disappear?  Its been pink for the last 7 months. Ive tried meladerma skin cream, however it didn't work.
Maybe the damage to your skin was a little deeper than your previous scar/scars? First of all - don't pop your pimples!!! You are not only damaging your skin but predisposing it to infections and scarring. Pinkish scars take longer to fade and unfortunately on us darker skinned folks, they stand out a little more but don't worry, it will fade eventually. Personally, I've not found anything that really helps fade them more quickly than normal. Bio-oil does but not by much and only if you use it on fairly new scars. Do you moisturize your skin? If not, you should do so as this will help.