Acne Community
I NEED HELP WITH MY ACNE PLEASE!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I NEED HELP WITH MY ACNE PLEASE!

hi i'm 16 and i have a rare blood disease called von willebrand's disease. it's where i don't clot like i'm suppose to, so i bleed longer then others. this effects me with my acne as well. i have mild and i guess semi servere acne. i use to get the deep painful ones as well as white and black heads all the time before using proactive about a year ago. ever since i loved it, but would still get a break out or two every once in a while. during this winter i started getting the deep painful pimples again and my skin started drying out so i had to stop it. i went to the doctor and got prescribed clindamycin phosphate lotion 1%. i've used it for a week now and i'm seeing alot more white heards then when i was using proactive. i need something that will keep my acne away, that;s cheep and safe to use. PLEASE HELP ME!! i'm SOOOO upet i don't know where to turn or what to do!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? If your present medicine is not helping, it is best that you inform your doctor about this or be referred to a dermatologist for proper management.A change in medication or dosage may be indicated. There are many medicines available for acne and it may take several tries to determine the one suited for you. Talk to your doctor about this to ease any worries. Take care and best regards.
I cannot afford to go see a dermatologist. what other products would be good for my usage?
when I would change face wash products ect.. I would break out before it got better they say its pulling all the clogged pores out to prevent new ones I also used proactive and It didnt seem to help me I was referred to a dermatologist and my insurance paid for it.i would give it a month.if u dont see any approvement I would go back to ur dr.. I use biore and I.absoultley love it!
i've been using proactiv for about two years now. it only works sometimes, others i'm breaking out bad. and do you have dry skin or oily skin?
In winter I have very dry skin but my forehead is always oily nd in summer im always oily (prob from sweat)