Acne Community
I cured my ACNE!!! Just wanted to share with everyone!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Viewing 201-215 comments:
nice story and thank

http://lifestyle.m-karam.com/
I am happy to know that finally, you got rid of this common problem, it is a common problem for all young people, which cannot be cured effectively on maximum times, but yes there are many medicines and precaution for this. You need to drink a lot of water in a day and stay away from oily foods.
Its been 3years, so has anyone have any updates of theirs? I tried birth control pills but i bled heavily everytime i had my period so then i had to stop, tried grape seed supplement which was ok? didnt see much results, glutathione pills coz they said it cleanses the liver and well i admit i do have bad eating and drinking habits but IT DIDNT WORK! I broke out twice as much as i did before, coz it contained vit E then later found out that vit E caused more of my breakouts lol it tooka good 1month to notice that. then i took vit A(isotetroin) but was very much afraid of the teratogenic effect on my liver and my reproductivr system it means no sex for the whole time you took that lol. sex is no issue but well coz of its terratogenic effect which was what i was really afraid of, it dried up my skin but didnt really help with my pimples honestly speaking. well probably because my body isnt for isotetroin. what else, well one effective thing that reduced my pimples is my trips to the beach, salt water concentrate i guess? and the sun? I dont know much with sun exposure (im tanned so) but im guessing its coz of the salt, effect on my skin was it reduced redness, and less pimples. Oh yieah i even tried those inject pimple thingy uhh it worked too but it hurts like @&$##%^**€!! and after they injected it its gonna pop out blood right then after they have to SQUEEEEZE out til the plasma of your blood is the color that comes out (clear liquid) why? coz its dirty blood as they say and if they dont get out that blood right after your pimple pops? oooo good luck coz that pimple area is gonna grow back BIGGER!

but really, i dont know what else works for me when it comes to supplements. Right now its just all water therapy, washing my face twice a day 3times, the soap im using contains kojic acid concentrate so its good for drying up acne, tried using moisturizer after it and uhh it caused break outs but i felt the relief bec dry flaky skin although helps dry up pimples causes itchiness, that moisturizer was even anti comogenic, im also using glycolic acid btw and it stings like *#%?!<€¥@&! BUT its helping. then after that to remove the pimple scars i have i dab this one anti ageing (aging) cream to my scars and it effectively lightens my pimple scars in an instant after one night seriously. i think its bec of its properties of healing. but note ONLY ON THE SCARS cause it might cause another breakout if on other parts. I only use it at night so as not to clog my pores too much and less exposure to dirt and pollution.

Well thats my share for 2k13. what's yours?

**This was based from my own experience mkei. so hush up for any harsh comments.

im 22. I have been suffering from acne for a very long time. I went to different clinic and spent lots of money and it just gets a bit better which makes me sad. I will def try this supplement guide and let you know if it helps. and I would like to know do you use any facial product to help the acne?? thanks in advance.
I cured my cystic acne on accident. I recently tried oil pulling, but gave up and apparently extra virgin olive oil is good for the skin, so I mixed it into a butter lotion with alo vera . I put it on my legs before I went to bed and woke up an  noticed my face was a lot more clear. I wash my face every night and put acne lotion on it, so I think that the oil in the lotion works like oil pulling  an  pulls out the toxins. Everyone should at least try this. While know  your skin may clear up like mine , and you will have better skin on your legs and arms. I wouldn't put  it on your face, especially if you have  oily skin.
My daughter is already having problems with acne and our dermatologist recommended Citrus Clear - so I tried this and it worked immediately. She is washing her face and using it daily and is a much kinder and gentler than other acne products. She loves it !
I am also suffering from from acne problem. I am 20, I have used many products and also consult with doctors but I didn't find anything that much effective, no immediate result.
As old as your posting is, you're spot on!  Well written - well said.  Thank you for sharing.  We can get acne for a myriad of reasons...reactions to food, our diets, stress and even not getting enough sun.  

I'm 40 and twice in my life now I've experienced bad acne breakouts - having had perfect skin until about 5 years ago.  Occasionally post 35yo I would get get the odd cystic spot or few which I put down to a combination of stress and hormonal changes in getting older, but I noticed that my skin became specifically worse during two extremely stressful working periods where I was in a pressurised conditions for prolonged periods and doing long hours...and I also didn't see much sun.

I resigned from my job after the first incident but my acne still hadn't cleared after 2 months and I noticed my bones/joints hurting when I'd go for walks (I eat healthy and enjoy being active and outdoors). I also still didn't feel great after those stress-free 2 months and really, all things being normal, I should have.

So i went to the doctor for blood tests to check hormone levels etc., but also Vitamin D which I questioned because I am tanned and am active outdoors during the weekends.  

Turns out that the test showed was alarmingly low in Vit D (but also had a strange reading for one of my hormones).  My medication for each had to be specially compounded for me by chemist and was expensive.

But it helped!  Eventually my body stopped aching and my skin cleared perfectly. At the time i also decided to get my eyes tested (which were perfect) but was told by the optometrist to see an allergists - which really helped me to better understand the chemistry of my body (I have a few allergies too).  Consequently i then also chose to be tested for food intolerances (different from allergies but which also cause reactions in the body).

I am just going through the second bad break out now.  May i also say again that aside from a very demanding and stressful work environment, i am slim and generally very very healthy. But just over a month ago i was so concerned about being stressed and tired from long hours at work that I decided to go back to my doctor and was once again sent for blood tests.

Almost all my results were fine however once again my Vitamin D levels were lower than the acceptable levels.  Granted, they weren't as bad as the first lot a few years back but they were low.  This expained my progressively bad skin.  So I've started taking medication again. It's too early to see the effects but I know my skin will clear (I've also just quit 'dud job number 2' - life is too short to have a bad work situation make you ill).

This path to discovery was most informative and beneficial.  Foods can effect out bodies and knowing 'how' is powerful in recognising triggers, avoiding the triger foods and knowing what to expect and how to manage the effects if you do have them. If there are other imbalances, i.e.. Vitamin deficiencies, hormonal or iodine levels etc., you can take care of these too.

I suggest seeing a good doctor and getting your Vit D levels checked if you are concerned (hormone levels too if you haven't in the past).  I had no idea it was one of my problems until I saw mine. Consider your lifestyle also. Are you a student or have a lifestyle or job that keeps you 'chained' to your desk and indoors? Vitamin D deficiencies lead to other things like cancer etc. so please don't just self-medicate if you suspect you may have a real deficiency. See a doctor and get a true picture.  I had cancer in my late 20's so my test results prompted a host of other subsequent tests which thankfully came back clear.

I was told we only need about 15 mins of quality exposure to the sun per day to satisfy our body's needs.  It doesn't all have to be in one session or all over your body (protect your face!) but if we get adequate exposure we don't need to take supplements.  After I finished my first batch of meds and the follow up test showed I was back to normal levels I didn't take supplements but just ensured I got my free daily sunshine dose.  

Knowing I had a vit D deficiency in the past due to a demanding job enabled me to look for parallels this time around and know to test for it again. (it made me more conscious - knowledge is power!).

Now if I can share some advice...
Please take your Vit D supplement with food.  It needs to metabolise with food in order to be absorbed into your body otherwise it will just pass as waste.  And as to what type to take...for me it was D3... But check with your doctor or pharmacist and follow the instructions on the label. Only take what is recommended by your doctor or what's on the bottle.  Taking more than required could be toxic if unnecessary and a waste of money as the body just takes what it needs and expels the rest!

Hope this was helpful.  Good luck to all of us having clear skin again.  Xx

hi patrick thanku for this infrmative post , i am going to take vit d3 is it ok and what other supplymnts i can take with vit d  again thank u
Omg I think you're totally right. First I thought pff vitamin d is not the cure because I had discovered on my Holliday in Thailand that I had no acne at all there! And that was probably because of the sun and climate there, I could eat the most greasiest foods and still get no acne. Then I read your article further and discover that vitamin d has to with the sun! So your totally right. Look at asian people in south east Asia for instance, you'll find a lot less people there with severe acne! This due to the sun there! You also sweat a lot more in tropical climates, so all the bacteria will get out of you're skin everyday automatically!
I am also going to take vitamin D.
There's cow hormones naturally in their milk. Milk now has the same hormones and same amount of hormones now as it did 1000 yrs ago. You can't believe everything you read on the internet. American dairy is one of the safest and healthiest foods. And there's no toxins or pesticides in milk.
What should I buy? Would I buy the Nature Made Vitamen D 1000 IU and take it twice a day?  And how fast would it cure my acne?
thanks for sharing, i tried to find vitamin D here in gaza, but all i find is (one-alpha 0.25mcg , alfacalcidol capsules) do you think i can use that to get Vitamin D?
Hi, I just had to share my case as I totally agree with PinPinPatrick. I am a 33 yr old female who suffered from bad acne for about 1-2 years right after I turned 20. Unfortunatelly I'm a picker, lol! I have to pop the zit, blackhead, whitehead whatever it is, I have to pinch it......horrible I know but I can't help it. Anyways back then I was all scared up and nothing worked on me until I went to a spa and this beautiful lady, whom made her own products, did everything from facials, microdermabrasions, u name it. Well after that I never broke out as bad as I did about 2 months ago. I mean like huge under the skin pimples that no matter what I applied those monters were red and painful. I blamed it on the fact that I had started drinking apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp mixed in my green shake and 2 tbsps in 2 qts of water consumed as my daily drinkng water. I read that breakouts after doing this was normal for about 1-2 wks as your body is detoxifying but after 2 months of huge pimples the size of a dime, my research intensified and found some people are actually allergic to Apple cider vinegar even if its organic. Okay,  so I blame that and stopped drinking it but pimples were still there and scary part was that they didn't heal or they would reduce in size but then come back out even bigger. So I blamed it now on the fact that I was also taking Spirulina and it wasn't organic, okay so I quit that too but acne was still there. Now as all this is happening I've been dealing with Drs for over a yr  trying to find a reason for my hair loss.  I saw my worthless Pcp who denied any issues send me home with antidepressants. Saw a psychiatrist who tried to put me other meds until I said no more pills! so he suggested I see an endocrinologist. The endocrinologist did many lab test, which all came back perfect BUT did agree with me on my hair loss issue and referred me to a dermatologist. Dermatologist, I feel didnt take me serious the first time i saw him because he just said male foam rogaine for life and keep on taking your skin, hair, nail vitamin with 5000mcg of biotin, order more lab tests and see you in 4 wks. I honestly was very disappointed but did as he said. So come to find out that my vitamin D was very very low something like 31 when it should be around 100, I think he said. My iron was also low not anemic but low.  So he tells me to take 1 otc D3 5000 iu pill four times a wk and of course vitron-c for the low iron. Well guys let me tell you that I have been taking the d3 for about 3 wks now and the huge nasty in gown pimples the size of raisins are almost all healed and gone! I am incredibly happy because it's so embarrassing to have breakouts at my age. Im just now dealing with the scars which little by little my lemon and brown sugar scrub done before bed time will take away. So again I really believe D3 5000 iu has helped me get rid of those horrifying pimples something not even the skin, hair, nail vitamin was able to do.
I've been watching my diet recently trying to see what my be causing it. I So far it has fluctuated from ok (one or two faded spots to  several noticable ones).
It's interesting that my skin seemed to get better to the point where it was acceptable and then OVERNIGHT I woke up to a big red spot and several more new ones.

Monday
breakfast - muesli
dinner -  cabbage, bacon, broccoli
desert - jelly and cream
tea -  chips, 2 sausage and bacon slice, slice of raisin bread

Tuesday
breakfast - scrambled egg, salmon, slice of brown bread
snack -  smoothie
esert - jelly cream
Tea - chips, 2 sausages, 1 slice bread

Wednesday
Breakfast - muesli
dinner -  3 slices white bread(chicken, lettuce, coleslaw sandwich)
desert - jelly cream
tea -  pizza and chips

Thursday
Breakfast - Muesli
Dinner -   potatoe, beef stew
desert - jelly cream
Tea - Salad (ham, coleslaw, lettuce, beetroot)
snack - yogurt raisins

Friday
breakfast - muesli
dinner -  broccoli, 3 fish fingers
desert - jelly cream
tea - salad and 2 slices of bread)
SNACK - 1 slice fruit cake

SATURDAY
breakfast - muesli
dinner -  chicken, cabbage, broccoli, bacon
desert - jelly cream
tea - sausage, pudding, rasher, 1 slice of bread
snack - peanuts

Sunday
breakfast - muesli
-  chicken, ham, brocoli and cabbage
desert - jelly cream
tea - egg, sausage, fried potato, 1 slice of bread
snack - peanuts

Monday  July 22nd
breakfast - muesli
Dinner - beef pie with broccoli
desert - jelly cream
tea  salad, 2 slices bread

Tuesday (July 23rd, Took photo little/no change)
breakfast - pancake, bacon,
snack - berry smoothie (apparently more sugar thn coke)a
tea -   chips, 2 sausages, 2 slices of bread
snack - fruit cake 1 slice
Began taking omega 3 vitamins  and applying moisturizer daily

Wednesday
breakfast - muesli
dinner fish fingers, peas, 1 slice french toast
desert - jelly cream, 1 choc mallow
tea -  chips, fried egg, 2 sausages, 1

Thursday  

breakfast - muesli
dinner - chips, salmon
desert - jelly cream
tea - stir fry, 2 slices of bread
snack - peanuts, chocolate marshmallow

friday
breakfast - pancakes, banana, bacon
snack - smoothie
tea - stir fry,  2 slice of bread
snack - peanuts, fruit cake, crisps

Saturday (took photo, only slight improved) July 27th)
Breakfast -  muesli
dinner -  broccoli, stuffing, mince
desert - jelly cream
tea -  egg, bacon, pudding sausage, 1 slice bread

Sunday
Breakfast -  muesli
dinner - stuffing, broccoli, mince, turnip
desert - jelly cream
tea, egg, sausage, pudding, 2 slices of bread
snack - fruit cake 1 slice

Monday
Breakfast -  muesli
dinner - broccoli, turnip, stuffing, 1 sausage roll
desert - jelly, 1 mallow
tea - salad
snack - fruit cake

Tuesday (photo, skin is acceptable but not totally clear july 30)
breakfast - muesli
Dinner -   burger, broccoli, turnip
tea -    fry eggs sausage, pudding
snack 2 fruit cake, mallow

Wednesday (awful over night I got several pimples and one big red one)
.)
dinner 2 burgers, broccoli and t
tea salad 2 slices bread
snack - mallow, fruit cake

Looking back over the diet diary I noticed from Tuesday 22nd July there was a slight increase in the amount of bread and sugar I ate. (I started eating fruit cake. I also eat iced raisin bread somtimes and I increased from 1 slice to 2 slices. on two days I had a smoothie which I think is actually high in sugar. .
So the cause could be

1. Too much bread or too much sugar

I alo noticed that on the last 3 days before I broke out I ate a chocolate marshmallow. Just one. I ate no chocolate at all while keeping this diary. The marshmallows are very small so I don't know if that really had anything to do with it at all.

However I've also considered that the cause could be Psychological. I have pictures of myself from a summer a while back,where my skin is completly clear no acne whatesover not even a single spot. And again from last year when I came back from a trip abroad my skin is perfect. I don't know what I was eating during that period but I don't see how it could be much different than what I normally eat. It occured to me that I was quite happy during those periods though.
That summer was great and I got alot of  work done that I'm proud of.
Again I was feeling pretty good about myself in the months following my trip.

At the moment I am unemployed and feeling kind of miserable about it. I also have pics of when I was working in my last job. I have some spots then and I actually had a much better diet then. I ate much less sugar and less fried food. The only difference was I probably ate a bit more bread. I used to eat a bread roll and a scone for lunch. The job was quite stressful though and I hated my boss.
So is it possible stress could cause it? The night before my breakout I also had a bad dream. An anxious one where I was in an uncomfortable situation.  

As I said I'm still figuring it out but I believe it might be
1. Too much Glycermic Index (Thats found in bread, grains and some cereals, especially cornflakes)
- however as I don't see how my diet could have been much different during the periods when my skin was clear. Sadly I have no record of what I ate during those times.

2. Some Psychological cause. (Anxiety? I don't feel stressed exactly but I do feel preoccupied with trying to find another job as well as some other pressures?. It could also be that HAPPINESS prevents acne.  I think I may actually keep notes of my mood for awhile in my diary and make an effort to relax more. I'll give you all an update in a week or so.

Until Then

Is vitamin d the same as vitamin d3? I want to fight my acne. A while back my doctor asked if I was tired all the time, but I never really thot so. But she said I had VERY low vitamin d.. help!
While I agree vitamin D could quite possibly play a role.  I would venture to say the biggest issue would be the health of one's liver.  All the stuff you are supplementing with can easily be obtained through a liver friendly diet and proper hydration.  These two things will allow your body to function at full capacity to fight infection, get rid of toxins (instead of holding them in your body and building up), metabolizing proteins, fats and sugars.  If your liver is functioning poorly it effect the gallbladder which in turn can completely deplete your vitamin D level....not just deficient but non-existent.  I know this cause it was a huge factor in me losing mobility for many years off and on.  When a doctor finally noticed I had NO vitamin D at all I took a supplement for a while.  I was outside all the time and I still had NO vitamin D?~!  So I did some research myself.  Which eventually led me to all things liver related.

A good thing too cause it changed my life completely!~!!  Once I realized it was my liver and ALL my symptoms for EVERY condition they had labeled me with was also a symptom for liver problems as well as dehydration and malnourishment that only made matters worse.  I began drinking water each day up to half my body weight in water with slices of lemon.  Within just a few days I could not stand the taste of soda at all and I had no desire for sweets.  I can barely eat much sweets like candy now as they are too sweet!  HFCS is 20 times sweeter than table sugar!  If you get rid of that other sweets begin to taste sweeter and food flavors become more pronounced as well.

If the liver can't rid the body of toxins they build up in the body which can lead to all kinds of issues.  It performs over 500+ functions in our bodies it is vital!  If diabetes 2 is because of the liver it can definitely be reversed!  I can eat sweets if I want and have no blood sugar issues, though I don't eat much since I can't stand the sweet now.  A liver that isn't working right will cause sugar cravings.  HFCS is addicting and super sweet and so it overrides your taste buds and in a way dulls you to other flavors especially more savory ones.
Diabetes 2, thyroid disorder, chronic all-over body pain have disappeared!  Mobility is much better I am walking more and able to ride a bike.  I do have some back pain left; however, that is from a birth defect.  My health went from failing and declining fast to doing a complete 180!  I will be doing physical therapy soon along with the bike riding to build muscles back up.  I spent over 5yrs struggling with mobility due to NO vitamin D that was due to a failing liver and gallbladder.
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Love your Liver folks you only have one!  Supplements and vitamins are merely a short-term management treating symptoms.  A healthy lifelong diet change will allow your body to begin to heal itself and do it's job properly.  Your liver can regenerate; however, it can only do so -- so many times.  So a lifestyle change is what is needed.
hi, my name is j**e. and when i was 19 i started to develop acne, at around 20yr i decided to go the doctor and he gave antibiotics and after a month my acnes was gone, and i was soo happy!!he also told me by 25ish my acne would go away on its own. i am know 25 and i wen't of the antibiotic and my acne just came back so i go back on antibiotic.i been on different kinds of antibiotic  becuase some stop working! im looking for alternative, i don't want to go on accutane is dangerous and expensive
j
Hello.I have been searching about adult female acne long time.I am very happy that I found your post about Vit. D.I knew about vitamins A E zinc B.I bought " Zinc for acne"vitamin with all above mentioned vit-s.After 3 weeks I  have seen  my skin  was less oily and less pimples.Zinc was 50 mg i took 2 pills daily.Also read from the net that first month need to take 2 pills daily .after 1 month 1 pill is enough.Before doctor prescribed me antibiotic for 2 months , spironolactone,differin gel ( for 3 months) This did not helped me so much. I wont to begin to take vit D.I hope to solve this problem forever.But i want to know how long i should take vitamins all my life? Lol.by the way i am 33 years old female.I want to thank you for your post and for yr wish to help people.
Thank u for posting this. Im going to try this and see if it helps me with my acne problem. Does it matter what brand of Vitamin D i buy?
hey i just want to know f what kind of vitamin d that yuo used????
D
Di
Hi there,

I have survived Roaccutane (or as you call in Accutane on the other side of the Atlantic) which I was very very scared to try when I first read the list of side effects. Years after, a friend at uni said she had it and also her sister and it completely disappeared after the treatment and the side effects were really minor - dry skin, muscle pain when exercising etc. At that point I was quite desperate and decided to give it a try - it worked, never before I had such flawless skin, I felt fresh and light as a feather - the side effects were dry skin, some loss of hair, and I would also use the loo more often, but probably partly because I'd drink loads of liquids to compensate on the dehydration caused by the drug. The problem is, when I stopped taking it, slowly but surely it started coming back. After 6 months off the drug, I decided to repeat - same thing while on the drug, but again, if your skin is oily it will turn oily eventually and although it is better than before Accutane, it is still much worse than 'normal' people have. Also, please note that I was doing all the tests regularly while taking Accutane and the dosage was fairly small. Still - I mean to say, it is a risk, and frankly as many have said - I wouldn't do it now and I don;t want to repeat it again as the side effects are not fully understood, and neither is the way it actually effects the problem itself.
On the other hand, my biggest discovery is Salicylic acid. I have been advised by a multitude of dermatologists and all either prescribe hormones or antibiotics (tried both...) and most of them try and sell you some crap that the big names have to offer. Well ignore that - the best thing I found which really works for my skin as, keeps it as clear as possible, is Zeniac lotion by a fairly small French company Noreva Labortaoires. And frankly you can find salicylic acid in most products for acne-prone skin, e.g. Garnier, Neutrogena or Vichy and Avene, to name but a few, but all would only have a very low concentration of the acid in it and speaking of lotions in particular, they would include things like castor oil (wtf? To block my pores even more?) and alcohol which would only dry your skin on the other hand. Salicylic acid  on the other hand does not allow bacteria to multiply without causing harm to your skin, it makes regeneration quicker as well. And also, there are no 'weird' ingredients in it, just the necessary stuff. I also found a very high concentration Salicylic acid products at Etat Pur, but havent tried them yet. Zeniac is definitely worth a try if you can get hold of it, or go on http://www.igenericdrugs.com/?s=Zeniac%20Lotion to see what the ingredients are, perhaps you will be able to find an alternative where you live. Also, I don't use any creams as my skin is oily and this lotion is just enough for me, but I know not everyone with acne actually has oily skin, so it's up to you. My skin gets worse from ginger, spicy food in general and orange, although technically I am not allergic to those. Stuff like twix or similar bars make it worse as well. Low quality dairy chocolate is a bad idea too, although dark is fine, as it has less added stuff in general. So be fit and healthy people and do not ever get desperate - you are not alone, there are ways of making it better, if not eliminating it completely. Exercise, try to be happy, cleanse and don't stuff your bodies with stuff that does not deserve to be called food. God bless you all :)
U seem to know ur stuff well lol.
'i dab this one anti ageing (aging) (aging) cream to my scars and it effectively lightens my pimple scars in an instant after one night seriously.'

Can you share this cream with us please?:)
hi
im 16 and i have pimples all over my face.
tomorrow im gonna buy some vitamins and try  this :)
But isnt vitamin B better than vitamin D?
cuz i have heard that fish is good for skin and vitamin B has alot of fish in it...
Im going tox try this out and see if it works. It sounds interesting that fact that a couple months ago i went LA and my skin got better in a week than a whole month of using tactuo.
Hello everyone.

For a long time I tought that I still had acne (meaning: from 15 years of age to 20 and counting) however this doesn't seem to be the case for me.
I'd like to warn everybody about this alternative, it's VERY IMPORTANT to know.

You can also have Candida infection (or Yeast infection) in your body that can cause acne as well and it doesn't go away either. I tried the above mentioned things to end my acne but it only suppressed the effects so far, never really ending it.

If you're not sure why do you still have acne, I advise you to get tested for Candida infection.
I am 24 years ols and i had acne since i was 12.

I have tried EVERYTHING ( accutane, minocycline,doxycycline...etc)

my acne was always unpredictable and aggressive

I managed finally to control it.

I cured my acne by staying away from dairy, gluten and sugary stuff + fronoking 8 glasses of water + Zink + cetaphil cleanser + (toner 3 days a day) + benzoyl peroxide on the night on any occasional small pimples that are about to show.
So, you only take vitamin D twice a day ? Like in the mornings and at night? (Sorry i couldn't be bothered reading) does it work for 12-14 year olds ? does Papulex help?
There are a lot of things that can cause acne and we all know this.  Mine ,it seems, is caused by keratosis pilaris and some kind of problem regulating my blood sugar or a hormone imbalance. I use CVS Keratosis Pilaris Body Wash which is all natural, Proactive on my face (I want to get away from that harsh stuff and buy Zincplex when I run out but it's working great and my face is clear) I use Maximum Strength Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner to help prevent my scalp acne. I take caprylic acid, a good refrigerated probiotic, and 5000 mg Vit D every day.  I take a shot of COLD Apple Cider Vinegar every two or three days, some times two days in a row and then skip a couple.  I use Proactive on my face and my face is clear. Proactive has some really harsh chemicals but it does the job. I'm going to try and switch though soon.  My body is completely, and I mean completely, clear now! Scalp, face, body, everything.  Avoid sugar and wheat.  They can cause surges in blood sugar that can screw with your hormones. That's a fact. Just limit them as much as possible. Eat tons of fruits and vegetables, try everything until you find some things you really love. I eat a ton of baby carrots, red bell peppers, and Red Delicious Apples, amongst other things as some of my snacks.  I eat regular snacks but I limit them quite a bit.  That's how I'm in shape in my mid 30's. You can eat corn and potato chips but thats still not good. Limit those as well. Limit refined grains (finely ground up, made of flour) Look for gluten free stuff when you absolutely need something salty or sweet. After a while you start to lose the cravings for that stuff! Really! Some pizza places have gluten free crust options even!! There's pasta at the store/restaurants that are made of rice or vegetables. You can't tell the difference. As far as my soaps go, I eventually want to try and switch to Zincplex shampoo and face wash because they're not harsh and I think they're all natural.  I haven't tried them yet though.  I did use Theraneem max strength bar body wash for a long time and it worked great but the CVS stuff has me clear and my skin looks softer and really healthy.  Like I said I don't know about Zincplex but everything here I'm doing now is working and I look the best I ever have at 34 years old!!  Seriously limit sugars and refined grains because that is half of it! I gurantee that! If this stuff works for you then help others by reposting it in chat rooms and telling others. Good luck everyone. I hope this information gives you as much happiness as I now have. Thank you very much!
I take 8000 vit d a day in winter due to seasonal depression.  It helps with mood. I have not noticed lessening of oil on my face with it.  Had acne since I was 20 (35 now) but it's finally going away.  I'm not contributing it all to the vit d, though.  I believe the main reason for acne formation is inflammation from the oxidation of sebum.  I read a great study on it and it indicates that this is the best first sign in all acne cases.  One reason this breakdown occurs is due to lack of antioxidants.  So many things tax or system daily and deplete the antioxidants which help protect the body.  Stress (physical, mental and even from food) depletes our stores.  That is why diet cancause acne because processed foods, sugar, hormones, pesticides, antibiotics irritate our systems causing systemic inflammation. Antioxidants are used to lessen the impact but if you are eating junk and not replenishing the antioxidants your body cannot keep up and acne runs wild.  Someone said above that milk is clean. I disagree. . Those cows in commercialfarms are fed antibiotics and also given hormones to produce more milk.  They are constantly making milk They get infections n the udders which require treatment.  Plus, the living conditions are not sanitary so they must have meds to keep them from being sick.  Of you but free range organic milk guarateedd free of any manmade interventions them I would say yes drink up. Otherwise you're ingesting who knows what!  Anyhow, back to topic.  I take a multi vitamin plus a combo antioxidant and have seen significant improvement.  I would break out from white flour that I would easy every now and again but now I can eat it if we go out and still have no cysts!  I fully believe that before it placed too much on my system for it to cope with the added stress. I didn't eat much and had cut out sugars and processed foods. . But guess what. .I still broke out.  I think food can cause it, but I believe it is due to the inflammation these junk food cause. . Not the food itself unless you have an allergy.  You have to get to the root which I believe is inflammation. Mediate that. . Which can be done with antioxidants, and you will be able to eat some of the junk stuff say if you're at a party.  I still think we need to eat healthy for an overall benefit but it ***** to constantly regulate and think about what I'm eating and freaking out that I'll end up with a cruddy face because of it. I've tested this theory by getting my skin clay and then eating swerts and white flour.  My skin did not erupt, so I'm convinced.  Anything that because this stress can be the link to acne (emotional stress, food, physica l stress, etc). But no matter which thing causes the stress inflammation n antioxidants can help negate it.  Aside: that's why your face clears up in vacation.. not so much the sun.  I clear up on vacation, too but I'm not in the sun. .So how is that? Likely because I'm not stressed on vacation and not taxing my antioxidant resources and therefore they can keep the sebum from breaking down and causing inflammation aka acne. Vit a and antibiotics and even both control pills have been shown to be anti inflammatory.. which would benefit the argument that it all starts at a micro inflammatory level.  Just some thoughts.  Look up antioxidant and sebum peroxidation on Google and find the scholar article. It's very interesting!
I've just boughten vitamin D3 1000IU.... Can anyone else tell me if it still works till this day? .... Because I've tried everything even PRO ACTIVE and that doesn't even help me
I've just boughten vitamin D3 1000IU.... Can anyone let me know to this day if it still works for acne? I've tried everything but nothing works!!!!!n
hey i am 21 year old girl and wanna tell you dat i m having medium acne problem especially it get worse during summers ..my daily routine is health ..i do exercise ..nd the intake of daily products and sugar is no to me ..but still facing acne breakouts ..i tried so many products but nw i want to try vitamin D capsules ..please tell me its Vitamin D2 or D3 nd which brand vitamin D capsules u were using ..thanku nd do aso let me know how to fade acne spots ..my cheeks nd forehead is full of acne spots ..i m a college student nd very embarrased due to dese spots please help me
Hi there, I just want to confirm if it is really Vitamin D3 or Vitamin D in general that should be used. Also, should it be mixed with Zinc/Magnesium? I haven't done my blood test but I suffer from acne not so severe as of now but i dont want to take chances. I once tried Accutane but i know it has severe side effects so i stopped using it within 20 days or so. I have got a healthy diet, i gym , i don't eat a lot of sugar, use products from body shop from a long time. Also, i noticed my acne gets severe in Nov- April which is necessarily Winters
So thinking that this is worth trying. Better than Accutane and without any side effects.
My experience with acne goes back to when I started middle school. I started breaking out when I was in 6th grade. My mom and I tried L literally everything there is. She bout me cleansers, tried home remedies, and she even took me to the doctor to prescribe me some medicine for it. After trying almost everything in the world, we gave up. My forehead was always swollen and inflamed and I felt like my acne was taking me over completely. It got so bad, that once I cried to my bestfriend about it. One day, I was at school and hanging out with another one of my friends. Somehow, the conversation about acne came up and she told me to use alcohol... So I did. And it worked!! I started off with 50% Isopropyl Alcohol, and then when my skin got used to it, I switched to 91%. Some other things that have also improved my acne is the maximum strength acne treatment gel from CVS pharmacy. It comes in a small white and blue tube and it is worth every single penny. Also try the maximum strength acne cleansing bar from CVS. It works wonders in the shower on your back and any other place where you have acne. If you are hesitant to try the 3 simple things that I just told you, don't be. Go out right now and buy them and I swear to you, you won't regret it... it has cleared my skin so much and I am a much happier person since I've tried this!
Viewing 201-215 comments: