Acne Community
I keep getting a large pimple in the same spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Both my daughter and I experience this problem

Neither of us have problems with acne.  Instead we get one large pimple in a certain spot- for me it is on my chin- for her it is on her nose.  It stays for a long time usually over a week.. Finally we pop it and put neosporin on it & just wait for it to go away and sometimes it somewhat goes away but then comes back in the same spot

I have just lived with this but hope they may be a solution to this problem.  There is no reason my daughter should live with this.

In her case she really feels it never totally goes away..

Now she has allergies and is constantly itching her nose.. could this have something to do with it?
Hi. Allergies and acne are two spearate skin concerns. Allergies occurs when you are exposed to an allergen. Acne occurs when the sebaceous glands produce too much oil and become blocked.
As you don't have acneic skin all over your face, you need a spot treatment you can apply precisely to the blemish without damaging surrounding skin. I highly recommend the drying lotion by Bye Bye Blemish. It contains zinc and salicylic acid and you apply it with a cotton bud and leave it on overnight. Buy it online or in stores.
Never pop your pimples. This spreads bacteria under the skin causing future spots in the same place. It can also cause secondary infection and even permanent scarring.
Eloise.