Acne Community
Inflamed Milia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Inflamed Milia?

Ok so, within the year I got a white bump on my scrotum. I went to the doctor and he said it was nothing, and that it's called a Milia and to not be concerned. I got a couple more a while later but decided it wasn't a big deal. Now, I have a scratching problem down there, in a specific area for god knows how long, I never thought anything of it, but the new "milia" growths happen to be exactly in that spot.

Now the milia or bump has seemed to become inflamed, it's gotten a bit red, it's very sensitive now, I don't necessarily feel it without touching it but the slightest touch upsets it. It seems to have gotten a little bigger but not significantly. Any idea's? Could scratching that area through my pants have caused that? And do you have any suggestions on the repeated itching in a specific spot for such a long period of time? Thanks.
A hard closed comedone with a very obvious white head. Not to be confused with a papule, milia are not red or inflamed. Milia form when a plug of sebaceous matter and cellular debris harden within the follicle, blocking the pore. Milia are covered with a layer of dead skin cells. They are very common in the eye area.
Ok well, that doesn't help much lol. What could it be? Was it a misdiagnosis? They're little white bumps, and only about 3 of them, and 1 just happened to get red and very irritated. Anyone? What does this mean! :(
Anyone? :(