Acne Community
Is this a cure for acne?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Is this a cure for acne?

Does male semen clear up acne? I am pregnant and can't use facial products like pro active. Just in need for something to work. I would love to go without foundation. In need of a lot of help!
Hi. Male semen is definately not an acne cure, if anything it would make acne worse because it contains testosterone.
You're right, pregnant women should avoid most topical and oral acne treatments as safety is pregnancy is either contraindicated or not established.
How many weeks are you? I found that my skin was bad during the first trimester but was greatly improved after 12 weeks. If your tendancy for acne continues you can take an anti-androgen contraceptive pill like Yasmin or Yaz 21 days after delivery providing you do not breastfeed.
I recommend La Roche-Posay foundation or Estee Lauder's Maximum Coverage foundation.
Good luck with your pregnancy,
Eloise.

Semen does have testosterone in it, but it still helps with acne a lot.  It can be swallowed to help, and all pregnant women should be swallowing semen (to avoid pre-eclampsia and morning sickness ref: wikipedia).  But semen from a healthy man applied to your acne skin with moisturizer clears your skin fast in several ways: zinc, Zinc Alpha2 Glycoprotein (ZAG) antiseptic/anti-biotic/anti-microbial ALTRUINS, protein, enzymes, vitamins, minerals and of course the usually expensive facial ingredient Spermine!
wash your face daily with a neutral soap that will help you