Itchy legs/arms after showering with no rash
Every time I shower my skin on my legs and arms (and now increasingly on my lower back) gets incredibly itchy.  There is no rash that appears on my skin and the itching lasts for around half an hour after I get out of the shower.  It started when I was around 13 years old.  I use Aveeno body wash for dry and itchy skin every time I shower, which is made from oatmeal - It helps a little.  The itching is worse when I shave, but it helps when I use natural shaving gels that produce little foam.  When I exfoliate, it also helps the itching to be minimal.  I try not to scratch in the itching areas because if I do, it does not go away and gets worse.  I always moisturise after taking a shower, but it doesnt seem to help that much.  I find that the itching disappears if my mind forgets about it.  I find that I get more itchy if I shower in the day time than if I shower at night.  Is this stress related? Am I causing myself to itch by worrying that I will get itchy whenever I take a shower?   Please help!
Hi there!

Itching also known as pruritis, is a symptom of a wide variety of mild to serious conditions. It can result from dry skin, infection, inflammation, allergy, insect bites, fungal infection, dermatitis, allergies, hives, scabies or liver diseases causing jaundice; while only a few of these respond to anti-pruritic creams. Stress could be a factor involved while post-shower itching is mostly related to de-moisturisation. I would suggest switching your body moisturizer to something used specifically for dry skin and trying some OTC anti-pruritic medications. If you do not see an improvement you may consider an evaluation by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care.