Large, hard bump under skin of face
I have this huge large and very hard bump on the chin of my face, it hurts badly. i tried squeezing it but nothing comes out.. Im not sure what it is..please help! (i started noticing it sunday
Hi.
Do not squeeze cystic acne. This will spread bacteria under the skin leading to more spots, delayed healing time, secondary infection and even long term scarring if done repeatedly.
See your doctor for one of the many effective acne treatments. The standard treatment for acne is a course of oral antibiotics and a topical retinoid. Sometimes, cysts require a steroid injection to reduce inflammation (but do not apply topical steroids as these can make acne worse).
Female acne patients may also benefit from taking an anti-androgen contraceptive pill called Yasmin. This blocks the action of male hormones in the body and has been shown to be effective against both inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne lesions.
Best Wishes, Eloise.