Acne Community
Legs break out in winter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Legs break out in winter

I work outside. In the winter I have to wear two pairs of long johns under my pants. I break out in what seems to be red pimples all over my thighs. Nothing I do helps. This happens every winter and when summer comes it goes away. Any ideas on what it could be or how to treat it?
Tags: Leg break out
It sounds like winter itch.  The long johns I like are real silk.  Thin, yet warm.  

For my winter itch I have found some particular lotions cure it, and it worked for my dad also.  These are not the kind that dermatologists recommend because the ones they like don't work for me.  

I like Vaseline intensive care firming lotion, which comes in a medium blue bottle.  No other variety currently works for me.  

The other kind is Soft Sense lotion.  I haven't seen this in stores in years.  

I would suggest ordering one of these on line because even the first one is tricky to find.  I think I saw it at Walmart though.