Acne Community
Lip Dryness from Accutane
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lip Dryness from Accutane

I am into my third week of accutane.  My lips are severly dry especially the upper one.  I have been using vaseline but my dermatologist suggested something called accusooth but it can only be purchased online.  Does anyone know a website for it.  Also the acne is staring to clear on my face but not on my back and shoulders.  
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i was on accutane my lips were chapped all the time  i used vaseline it helps a bit! after a while ur lips will get better and all acne will go 2........
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream available from chemists and department stores it's expensive but really good. Your acne will start to improve after 4 weeks (if it doesn't your dermatologist may adjust the dose) and after about 12-16 weeks you'll be all clear. Love loiloi xx
Blank
I am also on accutane the best produce out there is Blistex Silk and Shine you can find it at CVS. It works go good I have one at work, home and I keep one in my purse. The best part it under $3.00.
Blank
I have heard that Eucerin works well and you can buy that at any drug store.
Blank
I use Aveeno Intense Relief (medicated therapy) for extreme and severe lips. It works GREAT. I had dried chapped, cracked lips that were even bleeding, but after I started using this, it all went away. Now my lips are as smooth as can be. After like three days you don't really have to reapply that much. Maybe once and hour at the most.
Blank
Oh yeah, you can get the Aveeno lip balm at TARGET!
Blank
i swear by plain old chapstick. try to avoid those medicated balms they usually make it worse in the long run.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...