Acne Community
Lyme Disease??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Lyme Disease??

For the last year I have been sick. It started out by having Shingles twice within 3 months. I now have a horribly ugly, blotchy rash that started on my back, and is now sometimes on my arms and legs. Can't really explain what it looks like. Sometimes turns purple, but IT doesn't hurt. I have flu like symptoms, where it hurts to walk 10 steps. Tired, forgetful, racing heart....they have put me on heart meds now. I take 1800 milligrams of Neurontin a day, which helped at first for the joint and nerve pain. I work 10 hours a week, and I hurt so bad after work. They tested me for Lupus, which came up negative. Tomorrow I am having a punch biopsy on my back at the rash. They were giving me Vicodin and Flexerill, but wont anymore because they say I have chronic pain. So how do I live with the pain? There are days I lay in bed and cry because I hurt so bad. I am 42 years old, and just want answers. Any ideas?
You may be better off posting this on the infectious disease forum or the undiagnosed diseases forum.  Sorry I don't have an answer for you.  
How interesting.  I have had the same issue.  Have they figured out what it is?  I have had shingles recently also, and now, like you have red blotches, some resembling pimples all over my back.  I am interested to know if they have figured anything out.  I have taken 3 antibiotics for this,  Bactrim, One I dont remember, and now, currently, Doxycycline.  I hope you read this again and have some information for me, as my doctor has no idea, and is treating it like adult acne.