Mature oily sensitive and acne prone skin
I am 51 years old and have always had excessive oily, acne prone skin.  I've been to many dermatologists and doctors and have tried so many things, but nothing works.  Please help me.  I feel so ugly and dirty with the amount of oil and break-outs on my face at my age.  I can live with the acne, but it's the oily skin that I would give anything to find a control for.  Thanks for your help.
I suggest a good skin care regime.Wash with a gentle water soluble cleansr like cetaphil am and pm.then use a beta hydroxy after cleansing. to exfoliate.I get mine at cosmetcs cop .com paulas choice. Since you have sensitive skin just use the beta hydroxy in the pm . Only moisturize if you feel dry.Now for active breakouts use benzoil peroxide to disinfect.
I know how you feel I am still oily at 50 but  on the skin care regime that i suggested has made all the differnece in the work for me.I have been  doing this routine for almost 3 years and my skin looks great.I get complemnents all the time.
For oil during the day get  you some of those oil blotting papers.Clinique or Paulas choice has them.
Good luck Venora
I just started to get oily at 45. went to the doc I'm using a acne treatment its called clindoxyl gel dries it right up.  its hormones she said. I used to have clear skin acne at 45 oh well.
I also use Paula's Choice products and I love them-they are the best products I have ever found. My AM routine I use the One Step face cleanser for oily/combination skin and follow with 2% BHA liquid and the Skin Balancing Daily Mattifying Lotion SPF 15. In the PM I use the Skin Balancing Cleanser for oily/combination skin followed with 2% BHA liquid and then the Extra Strength Blemish Fighting Solution. 2-3 times a week I also use the Skin Balancing Carbon Mask. If you are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, skip the Extra Stregth Blemish Fighting Solution and use the Skin Balancing Carbon Mask EVERY NIGHT and follow with the 2% BHA Liquid.  I'm 38, and have suffered with extremely oily skin and acne since my teens and these are the only products that have helped calm the redness, clear my acne, reduce pore size, smooth my skin, and drastically reduce how much oil my skin produces! I hope this helps!