Acne Community
Milia on labia majora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Milia on labia majora

Hi! For as long as I can remember, I have lots of milia on my labia majora. I'm quite clean and wash the area often but it's not enough and they make me rather self-conscious.  I already have an adapalene cream .1% for the milia around my eyes but I see that it says I shouldn't use the cream on my genitals. What can I do? Is there a different type of cream that's safer for that area? Is it worth it going to get them extracted every few months at a dermatologist?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is important to get a clinical examination done. Do not pop these bumps. This can cause spread of infection or get them infected. They may clear in a few weeks or persist for months or longer. Often no treatment is required. Few milia may be removed with a needle. The treatment option depends on the number of milia and associated symptoms. Consult a dermatologist.
Best luck and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Best luck and regards!