Acne Community
Molluscum contagiosum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Molluscum contagiosum

I think I have Molluscum contagiosum in my genital area. Im 16 years old and I noticed these 2 small bumps on my scrotum almost 9 months. i didn't pay attention to them but now i noticed that one of them has slightly swollen. i haven't had sex so i know its not an std. Should i see a doctor or should I wait to see if it goes away? Is it bad if they pop? Is there a treatment that doesn't require surgery if it gets serious?
Hi there.  Actually I don't think what you have is molluscum contagiousum.  I have had this before and the bumps are usually on the trunk of the body, the arms and legs.   My first thought would be that you have a couple of ingrown hairs but they would not stay around for 9 months unless they have now formed into cysts.  Since one of them is slightly swollen, I would just have your mom or dad take you in for a doctor's visit.  I am certain it is nothing to worry about and it won't require surgery so relax.  It is just a good idea to get anything that hangs around for a while checked out.