Acne Community
My minocycline and clindamycin stopped working
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My minocycline and clindamycin stopped working

I've been taking minocycline (pills) and clindamycin (wipes) everyday for slightly over a year now. While it was slow initially, over time it has helped to cure my acne gradually. Only about a month or two ago, i seemed to be completely clear (besides some scarring) but continued the treatment as my doctor prescribed. The treatment was entirely successful at preventing any kind of breakout (except for one minor one on my chest, which cleared up eventually) but has now ceased to do any help whatsoever. My acne has returned in full force in the last few weeks, and there has been no improvement. Should i stop this treatment and try for a different prescription? Or is there something else i can do altogether?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1307298_tn?1305950451
When this has happened to me before, it was because my body had acclimated to the antibiotic.  My doctor would then switch antibiotics and I would usually have more effective results.  I think this is common in using antibiotics.  

I have a very persistent type of acne, and I basically cycled through every type of anti-biotic that existed.  But that is rare.  

Do not stop using the minocycline abruptly.  See your doctor first because you will likely have to gradually step down on that drug and then gradually step up onto the next one.  If you abruptly stop the minocycline you could cause an even worse break out or have other infection problems in some other part of your body.

Good luck!
Jean
Blank
The antibiotic is only a temporary solution. Try using apple cider vinegar and a daily aspirin mask.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...