Acne Community
Not sure what this is

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Not sure what this is

I have had a bump on my back for over a year. (I am not prone to any sort of pimples or break outs my skin is generally extremely clear) It is red and is about as large as a penny. I am not sure if it is a boil or something else. I have been tempted and popped it over the course of a year now. It pours dark red blood and sometimes clear and/or white liquid comes out of it along with blood. It is usually not painful, but sometimes is very painful to even touch. I had popped it once and about a week later was in the shower and the water hit it and it began pouring blood everywhere. I'm beginning to think it's not a pimple. Can you  help?

It does sound like a boil or carbuncle type of spot.

You will need to got to the doctor to check it out.  He may prescribe you with a course of antibiotics and will be able to examine it to see if there is a core root in there.  If there is a core root, it will not heal until this is removed.

Because it is on your back, it is difficult for you to get rid of it.
What you don't want is for the infection to spread internally.

Best wishes
.
Thank you so much for responding, I'm starting to get really concerned about it. I am going to schedule an appointment to have a doctor check it out as soon as possible.
Hope you get on alright.