Acne Community
Oily acne skin, help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Oily acne skin, help!

hi I'm 14 and I've been having acne since I was about 11 and it was controllable and minor for around 2 years with clearasil and neutrogena products until I was about 13. It got alot worse and it's been about a year since i first went to the dermatologist for it. Within like 6 months they gave me like 10 different products and none of them has ever made a significant difference. Usually a product will start to work but my acne never fully clears and I suppose my skin becomes immune to it because I just go back to normal within about a month. My skin is always very oily, especially my forehead, even after I use products meant to prevent oil... What do I do? By the way, I have very oily hair (bangs always on forehead) recently as well, if that makes a dIfference.
my daughter has the same problem.

I use apple cider vinegar for my daughter as a facial wash and it has worked well. I am a big promotor of apple cider vinegar, in fact all of my posts usually ends up with buy apple cider vinegar.  my daughter has very oily skin and so do i , i had alot of pimples growing up and i finally found my problem.

1. i stop drinking milk and i now drink non dairy milk, this has helped tremendously, i still get pimples but not to the extent i had it. i do not eat chips soda or milk, and my face cleared 90%

my daughter still eats chips and occasionally soda and her face tends to get bad when she eats it. i use apple cider vinegar and it helps, but my ultinate goal is to wean her off chips and soda.  
i think you should try and do the same.