Acne Community
PAINFUL ACNE!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

PAINFUL ACNE!

I'm a 21 yr old male and..
I have unbearable acne which is painful around my chin and even more painful around my forehead. I need help getting the right treatment. Proactiv irritated my acne and surrounding skin. I was told to try ACV, any other suggestions? Right now i am just letting my skin be, in attempts to heal the acne by itself,...i tried to rub a potato on my skin/ sorta helped..as much as i tell myself not to get depressed or self conscious about it, at the end of the day i still am and it is difficult mostly to look people in the face directly. I also have uncontrollable dandruff and i have been taking a vitamin formulated to treat skin conditions with so far no major results.
My daughter, because of many reasons, follows a gluten free, milk free, low carb diet - this helped her acne tremendously.  She takes a multivitamin, a B-complex, P5P (a broken down version of vitamin B6) in the morning.  At night, she takes zinc (major improvement in a few weeks with the zinc - you can look zinc and acne up online) with magnesium pills and calcium separately.  She eats vegetables, some fruit, any meat, chicken, fish, etc. and fats.  I still need to add in omega -3's.  Be patient with the zinc.  You might notice improvement in a few days or weeks - everyone is different.  She takes 50 mg chelated zinc a day. Acne is ultimately a hormonal imbalance showing up on the skin.  It takes a fair amount of dietary changes to improve it.  Read up on zinc and copper balance.  Hope this helps.  Drink water, not sugary drinks.  Good luck!
i have been people this advice . this worked for me and i was the worst of acne sufferes,

I have been a life long sufferer, and my daughter is becoming a sufferer. i may have found a remedy that worked wonders for me. Unfortunately i believe potato chips, soda and milk contribute to acne. i have told my daughter to stop eating junk food  but of course a 11 yr old doesnt listen, she is starting to get very bad acne.  I had very bad acne and i will striclty monitor her eating habits.

Here is my remedy it works wonders for me, i suffered through acne my whole life even up until 5 months ago. i am 33 now,. i got the worst kind of acne , Cystic acne.  Ever since i started this , i have not had acne since it was truly a miracle.

I was so desperate i was about to go on accutane before i did my own research and found a solution that worked for me .  By the way i am a male.

I have overcome acne.  I was a life long sufferer  bought everthing from over the counter ointments , creams and acne medications. Nothing has worked. I did some research and  did something that has changed my life forever.  I stopped drinking Milk, i bought this blue light therpay called tanda. i was about to give up hope and bam , a miracle happened. In less than a month i was totally cleared.  mile is a dairy product and produces hormones. i stopped drinking milk, potato chips and soda, my face has cleared tremendously. I am very light skinned. I substituted milk for coconut milk.   i would reccommned anyone to try my method. i dont know if it will work for you, but i believe it will.