Pimple-Like Rash on Chin
I had a deep under the skin pimple form the day of Christmas- it was very painful- of course I was trying to find a quick remedy- and did everything possible to get rid of it. I used the zeno- bye bye blemish- benzoyl peroxide. I ended up damaging the skin so i've been putting lotion or neosporin  on it to heal. However- its been a full two weeks and not only is that one still there- but i've got another one right underneith it that has also been there for two weeks with no sign of relief. As soon as you stick it to drain it- it looks like its about ready to heal and then a few hours later its right back to square one. I've always had acne- but nothing that lingers like this. So it looks like a pimple rash on my chin. HORRIBLE! I need suggestions or some help from those who have suffered the same thing. They seem to go away but only temporary- matter of hours, not days. I have tried everything to get this to heal and so far nothing! Please Help!
Unfortunately, there is no quick-fix for acne. Even the best treatments can take weeks or months to work. Never squeeze spots. This seldom improves the appearance and spreads bacteria under the skin leading to more spots in the same place. Repeated squeezing leads to delayed healing time and even scarring.
Over the counter products containing benzoyl peroxide are of limited benefit. See your doctor for an effective topical gel such as Differin (adapalene 0.1%). Use a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil to minimise the risk of irritation from topical acne meds. A course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline may also be needed, to kill acne-causing bacteria on the skin. Female acne patients will also benefit from taking an anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as Diane35 (Dianette in the UK) or Yasmin.
Eloise.