Acne Community
Pimple that won't come to head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Pimple that won't come to head

I am a 38 year old woman and I have the problem that I get whiteheads under the skin on my chin (under the corners of my mouth) that will not come to a head unless I take a needle and try to open them. I decided to try to leave it alone to see how long it would take to go away on it's own, and it's been a month now. Is there anything I can to to bring the pimple to a head without damaging my skin? I already wash my face every night and use proactiv cream, and I'm careful about the cosmetics I use. Tee rest of my face is normal to dry. I just have an oily chin.

Thanks!
Moisturize your face (except your chin) with a dry/sensitive oil-free lotion. This will not only get red if acne, but minimize wrinkles, and soften your skin. You may want to consider exfoliating a lot more. Exfoliation evens out your skin and prevents acne.

You need to purchase a topical acne ointment that dry's out problem spots.  Benzoyl Peroxide 5%-10% will do, but make sure not to use that strength for your entire face or else you will have extremely dry skin.  If you can't get out to the store quick enough, wet a rag and ring it out. Place it in the microwave for a minute and quickly place in a plastic baggy. Cover the bag with a thin cloth and apply it to your face. The heat should bring the pimple to a head. You may need to repeat this 3 times on and off.  This method brings pimples to a head quickly. One more thing... if you use benzoyl peroxide, do not use salicylic acid or glycolic acid (alpha-hydroxy). Use one of the three because using more than one can produce adverse effects.  I found Benzoyl Peroxide products to be the best for keeping away acne.
my sister used to put baby oil over hers before bed and it was always poppable by the morning, but i doubt it's good for your skin...
When I get a cyst that won't come up I put an ice cube on it.  Believe it or not, it does get rid of the swelling.  If it's really bad I'll make an appointment at the dermatologist and he will put a small shot of cortisone in it.  That makes it disappear in an hour or so.  Whatever you do, don't squeeze it if it won't come up. It will just scar.
I am so look for a remedy for this large cartoonish pimple on my nose. My face is normally as smooth as a baby bottom exept for the occasional pimple and this time it's HUGE! I have been waiting for about a week for it to come to a head and it will not, so this morning I took a needle and poked it. Clear liquid came out of it and now when i look in the mirror it is the only thing that I see. It is swollen to the size of Mount Vernon. I NEED HELP. What should I do ppl???
Accutane. Small dose, short course.