Acne Community
Prednisone and acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Prednisone and acne

I had an acne for over 2 years now and I had this in my post adolescent years, nevr had acne as a teenager. (I am 25 years old now) I found out it is one of the characteristic for having Behcet's disease.
I've been taking Prednisone for 2 weeks now as my medication for Behcet's but I observe that my acne is clearing off, currently there is no breakout in my face which is rare because in the past 2 years of having acne I always have 3 to 4 active pimples regularly.
I researched today and found out that Prednisone actually can cause or trigger acne. but in my case it has been somewhat reverse. I wonder why, is there any explanation for this?

Thanks a lot
If your acne was a symptom of a condition for which you are now being treated it makes sense that your acne may now decrease. Not eveybody gets every side effect listed for your medicine, so hopefully you'll be lucky. If your acne does return get back to me or your doctor, and work out some acne treatments you can use concurrently with prednisone. Love loiloi x
I was on the pred last summer, so i can tell you that your acne is not there.. YET! .wait a couple months and then yull see, it really sux and it burns !!  idk , if ull get it as bad as me ..it wont be nice at all, and its hard to get rid of !
good luck !!
<3
Luckily my acne is gone until now, and it's been  a year since my las post.
I think prednisone somewhat helped.