Acne Community
Proactiv and eczema

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Proactiv and eczema

I have just started using Proactiv for my mild adult acne and have had some painful eczema outbreaks on my face.  My eczema has been under control for many years and I have asked Proactiv questions about their product and eczema but they just keep telling me to use it so my skin will build up a resistance to the Benzoyl Peroxide.  My acne is gone after one week but my skin hurts.  Has anyone else with eczema used Proactiv?  Has your skin adjusted to the product after a few weeks?  I think I would rather have mild acne than eczema outbreaks on my face if I have to choose one.
I don't have eczema but I do use proactiv. I know that overuse of the product can make your face dry, itchy and irritated. In fact, when I was using the extra strength formula, I found that even while wearing sunscreen and a hat, my face got very sunburned, hot, and beet red. I had to stay inside for a couple days and used a bag of frozen peas on my face. Anyhow, to avoid irritation, I use only the cleanser in the morning, followed by oil free moisturizer and green tea moisturizer if I'm going to wear makeup that day. At night I do the whole routine. I don't have anymore problems with skin irritation or sensitivity.