Acne Community
Proactiv

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Proactiv

Does proactive work for acne?  It seems to have great celebrity endorsements but i would like to hear from real people that have used it.
Tags: Acne, Work, years
I have used that for years now. Love it. Proactiv does really help with the ance. It is the only thing that I have found that helps me. I have been to docs. and I have tried pretty much any product that you can get off of a shelf in a store. And  Proactiv is the only one so far that has done anything good for me.
I used Proactive several years ago.  It worked really well for me.  I probably used it for three years.  After two pregnancies, I am now on a anitbiotic and prescribed topicals for cyctic acne.  (I didn't have cyctic acne until after my second prg.)  I honestly think that the Proactive worked as well as my topical Rx.  Give it a try.  Keep the paperwork/packaging if you are in doubt.  You can always get your money back!
Its one of the best and its not over-priced.

I have tried Proactiv in the past, I was on it for 2 years and it was amazing, my skin was so soft and clear, I was so happy with the results, I would definitly recomend proactiv, just try it believe me you wont be dissapointed:-)

It didnt really work for me..i used it for a month and it just kept getting worse and worse, maybe i should have stuck with it longer but my acne is really severe so i couldnt go on any longer having it not helping one bit..usually with me when i start a acne system i see results in 2 weeks but i didnt with this so i stopped.
Well I have used proactive a few years ago and it was great....until I started back using it again this year ...it seems to have made my acne worse than it was , before I stared.
But for my acne scars I have been using a product by the name of: Ultra Glow.It's great it takes about 2 weeks -1 month to clear any blotches or discoloratons. Depending on your serverity.
I have used Proactiv for years now too and it works great for me. Although I've noticed with some of my friends who have tried Proactiv have much much worse acne than me and it doesn't really work for them. So from my experience I have seen it work for those who don't have severe acne.
I use it too. It works, it cleans your face but in my case I have lots of spots from past products and Proactiv doesn't remove them. I'm 19 years old, male, and I keep getting pimples ofter (but not as much as before).

It works, slowly.
I had proactiv for a while but all it did to me was make my acne worse and worse. On the first day it worked wonderfully but the days following that it simply got worse. I quit using it when the results were worse than when I started.

The only thing that really worked for me was changing my diet around. I'm not talking about cutting out oils and fats, I'm talking about eating healthier. I started to drink A LOT more water (1-2 gallons/day) and I started eating more fiber and anti oxidants and it cleared me right up. I still had all the oils and fats I cared to but I made sure to add the salad and berries. Also, exercising helps a ton (Not body building, simple stretching and running exercises).
I tried proactive and like a lot of people it broke me out worse than I already was.. even when it started working I skipped a day and there was a pimple.. I started using this opc-3 beauty blend and it made my skin clear and nice my face wasn't dry and I only needed to use it once a day and not a system like proactive I highly recommend it.. its available on rseabrook.com
How does Proactiv work. I'm  44 and I have a ton of zits.  On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best ever how does it work?  Respond back ASAP
hey,
    i tryed proatctiv a little while ago, its shows results the first day, then the next day and maybe the day after that, but, after your skin gets used to it, it completely stops! its a waste of money if you ask me. but its different for all different people because ive heard of many other people, who loves it. so i guess it depend on the person.
                              Good Luck :)
Proactiv works for some, but not all. Try the product out, and like someone mentioned above, you have a money-back guarantee. It doesn't hurt to try!
Oh ... Proactiv works around an 8 for me. If you want a bit higher quality, you could always fork out $55 for Chanel Percision ... but overall, Proactiv is worth the money  =]
Ive tried proactive and it wasnt good for me at all. I have really sensitive skin and it made my face red and really dry. I have been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser... It has worked wonder for me. Its mild and its not making my skin red or raw, Good luck..
I am alergic (allergic) to proactive.  It is 50-60 dollars every 3mos.  save money and go to a derm.  They will help and insurance will cover it.  
Dear santa can you bring me a 2008 corvette with a roof top mounted rocket launcher and jet powered engine.
jck will that help your skin? lol you sound like my dh if i hear the words zo6 one more time!!
im pregnant and my skin is breaking out like mad! can you use proactive while pg?
it worked for my Boyfriend for the first few months or so then it made it ten times worse...so he stopped useing it...
i've been using proactive for almost 2yrs now, and i'm finally changing to the extra strength version. the only thing that helps completely clear up acne is birth control, but since I’m trying to get pregnant that’s not an option. It works better than anything else I can find, but no as well as they make it seem…
I agree with marvin, im doing the same as he is right now, i am eating vegetables especially fresh cucumbers. after all, cucumber can help your skin in a gud shape. i drink 16 glasses of water daily and i eat food that is less in calories. i jog three miles every other day and work out. proactive cant help much of the people. advertisements are stupid. they want to make more money. briing my money back you proactiv company!
What is the extra strength version of Proactiv? Is it the refining mask? I too use it & have for 7 yrs.
When starting a new skincare regime you may often experience a "purge", where your acne gets worse before it gets better. Also, strong topical remedies can cause irritation and allergy. Instead of being swayed by celebrity endoresments, ask a qualified doctor or dermatologist about prescription products for which many of you will be covered by insurance (or will cost you just £6.50 if you live in the UK) Good products are Differin, Dalacin-T and Duac gel. To Pertykitty who is pregnant, the safety of topical products when pregnant has not been established since small quanities of the product are absorbed into your body. The good news is that whilst breakouts are common in early pregnancy, due to the change in hormones you are likely to have really clear skin in the second and third trimester.
Proactiv will work but it depends on the persons skin and severity of the acne i am using it now for 3 months the break out have cleared i will still get a zit if I am stressed but it goes down within a day .I have a lot of post acne scars and as a black person its hard to find a product to clear tha up i have decided to go to the dermatologist maybe for that. But what i find with differin gel, benzaclin, clindoxyl that doctors prescribe it breaks you out first but you just have to keep trying and find a good cleanser, and good moisturizer with SPF to go with your acne treatment.
I used Proativ about a year ago, and for the first four months it worked really well. I had moderate/severe acne and it kept it pretty much under control. However, by month 5/6 my skin began to get worse, so I upped my usage. My acne got considerably worse. Eventually I just quit using it all together, and my skin improved! It was clearer than it had been in months! As it turns out, the product was too harsh for a daily scrub and it worsened my acne instead of helping it. I think Proactiv is best for people with mild to moderate acne, but for severe cases, a dermatologist is best.
i've been using proactive for 2 years now. i LOVE LOVE LOVE It. i tried everything under the sun to help with my acne and NOTHING worked. until my mom got me proactive (she heard about it before i did and bought it when she saw it) within the first month my face was completely clear!!! and yeah i do have the occasional outbreak but when i use the sulfur mask thingy at night it's cleared up by morning. i love proactive and i recomend it to everyone i know. lol. i'm like a walking proactive advertisement.
I have tried proactive 2 or 3 times with various other treatments in between. for me it did not work any better than any other treatment i have tried.
It does depend on the severity of your acne...I used proactiv for all my teenage years and it did a pretty good job. In my 20's didn't work as much. I still think its a great product but I'm on my second round of Accutane so obviously I have severe acne, which is why it didn't work.

Try it for 2 months ($50.00) and if you still have acne then its dermatologist time.