Acne Community
Puffy Area on Face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Puffy Area on Face

So last night I noticed a small blackhead on my face, about two inches below my eye. It had already swollen before then and filled with puss, so I had taken a small sewing needle and burned the tip to sterilize it. I then used an alcohol prep patch to clean the needle. I popped the small area, and cleaned. This morning I woke up, about twelve hours after I had already popped the thing, and the area underneath my eye and to the right of my nose had swollen. The small area I had lanced last night had already filled with pus again, so I popped it, then cleaned the area with another alcohol prep patch. It hasn't filled with pus again, so will the swelling go down? Should I go see a doctor? Please help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? The presence of swelling and pus highly suggests the presence of infection and warrants further evaluation by a doctor. Try to avoid lancing or popping the area to prevent secondary bacterial infection. It is best that you keep the area clean and dry and have this checked by your doctor. Take care and do keep us posted.