Rash on neck and cheeks where I shave
Hello and thank you for reading my post. Well I'm a 22 year old black male, about a year and a half ago I started to see my cheeks darken on the side next to my hairline and I thought it was just the sun..when I started shaving I did it too much and not the right procedure and soon my neck and cheeks got darker and bumps. On one side of my face is dark and rashy lookin and the other side isn't as bad but my neck has black spots..is this from shaving or can it be more serious? Std symptom? Is there away to lighten and heal my skin it makes me look older and self conscious. Please help. I read about pseudofollicitis barbae..but idk if that's what I have..will a laser dermabrasion by a good idea on dark skin? Does it work?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical examination it would be difficult to determine the cause of your lesions. Possibilities that may need to be considered include ingrown hairs, folliculitis, acne, allergies, sun burn etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis before considering various management options.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!