Acne Community
Rash on neck and cheeks where I shave
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash on neck and cheeks where I shave

Hello and thank you for reading my post. Well I'm a 22 year old black male, about a year and a half ago I started to see my cheeks darken on the side next to my hairline and I thought it was just the sun..when I started shaving I did it too much and not the right procedure and soon my neck and cheeks got darker and bumps. On one side of my face is dark and rashy lookin and the other side isn't as bad but my neck has black spots..is this from shaving or can it be more serious? Std symptom? Is there away to lighten and heal my skin it makes me look older and self conscious. Please help. I read about pseudofollicitis barbae..but idk if that's what I have..will a laser dermabrasion by a good idea on dark skin? Does it work?