Acne Community
Recurring, painful pimple in nostril

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Recurring, painful pimple in nostril

Hi, I recently moved into a major city and found I was almost constantly congested, either from dust or something else. The result being a need to blow my nose so frequently that it was often bloody. (Ive since taken measures to reduce the dust in my home environment and that has largely fixed this problem.)

However, after a few weeks I developed the first pimple Ive ever had on the inside of my nostril. It grew quite large, making the tip of my nose swell and turn bright red, which was obviously embarrassing, but beyond that it was also quite painful and very sensitive to touch.

This first one I managed to pop after most of a week had passed, as it was near the edge (very painful procedure, inside the nose is very sensitive), then clean it, and it eventually went down.

Two weeks later it was back in the same place. This time I did some research and tried putting neosporin on it, this did shorten the length of its stay to only 3 days, but again it was painful and unsightly.

Now just about every two weeks it recurs. Its driving me crazy. I dont know if I opened up a pore or some such thing that is going to keep clogging, or what. If there is any permanent solution I would be very grateful. Its gotten to the point where I would happily sear the thing closed if I could, anything to stop it from cycling.

Please let me know.

Best Regards.