Recurring patch of dry/damaged skin - need advice
A few months ago, I realized I had a patch on the side of anus. There is a pic in my profile. I have no pets or history of any skin conditions. The skin seems dry, and small flakes fall off. But the dry skin appears again. Is this some sort of fungus or skin condition?
A detailed medical evaluation is extremely necessary for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. Few conditions which can cause anal itching and dryness are  psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema. Sometimes hemorrhoids will start off as red rash and anal itching. Also sweating, moisture due to sitting, pinworms and friction rub with clothes can cause pruritis ani. I suggest you to get all these possibilities evaluated from your primary care physician. You may try using an over-the-counter cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone. You will need a complete medical evaluation to determine the cause of your symptoms. Best Regards.