Acne Community
Red mark on popped pimple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Red mark on popped pimple

Last night i decided to pop this 3 little spots that were together on my cheek. However, i think i did it too hard and this morning i woke up wit this red patch on that spot, like if it burned. it is not a scab yet, i think, but i feel so embarassed in public. I really regret it and wont do it again. Can someone please tell me how to make it go away. and WHEN WILL MY SKIN LOOK NORMAL AGAIN THERE? I really have a low self esteem because of it, i dont like it.
Hi there!

This is likely to get better in the next few days and the resulting scar to fade in the following months. If the scars remain you could consult a dermatologist for appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try using an antibiotic ointment over the marks.
Hope this helps.

Take care!