Acne Community
Red raw nose.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red raw nose.

Have a red raw, shiny nose. Came from no where, it isn’t swollen. What could it be?

I have acne prone skin, already using Aknemycin for that. But I’ve never ever had a red raw nose.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Forgot to mention, I’m 19, Male. 20 in a few months. It’s depressing me!  
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
These symptoms can be due to dermatitis skin. Wash the areas with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also use mild soap like Dove or Cetaphil. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include inflammations, allergic reactions, infections, rosacea, rhinophyma etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979