Acne Community
Redness around the nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Redness around the nose

I've had redness(not rosacea) near the sides of my nose since i was 17. It was never really that bad until I started to get my acne. Since i wasn't really educated on acne I never moisturized after washing my face. Now 21,i have a pretty noticeable minor redness around the nose. I am currently on my way to become a Personal Trainer. Therefore, i workout alot and play many sports. Usually after these exercises my nose tends to get red. My skin is fairly oily and i tend to wash my face more than 2-3 times a day.If don't do this the oil begins to build up, and sometimes a pimple appears or itching occurs.
I'm currently using neutrogena advanced solutions and cetaphil to treat my acne. Since it is too drying sometimes I use Aveeno Ultra calming lotion. It's suppose to relieve redness but i have not seen a difference. Although the redness is minor, it sometimes causes itchiness and burning. I heard applying Eucerin and shampoo such as head and shoulders can help relieve the redness. In addition, someone recommended to apply 1% hydrocortisone to the redness. However, i heard this is only used for rashes and not the face. I like to hear some suggestions and it would be greatly appreciated.
See a dermatologist about the acne and redness.  In addition, get on a good skin regimen that you are willing to do on a consistant basis.  A good moisturizer will help.  Use oil free only.  If you can spend a little more momey on your skin, I love Shishedo's Lightening line.  It's excellent!!!!!
i think i have the same problem but its more annoying for me see around my nose is really red i thought it was pimples around my nose and washing my face makes it more red its really annoying because i have had it since i was 13 and im 16 now see in school i feel depressed because people in my school think im a drugo person cause my nose is red i really want to make it normal
can anyone help