Acne Community
Retin - A and accutane bad choice?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Retin - A and accutane bad choice?

I want my red marks to fade quickly , I heard retin-a can fade them over 12-16 weeks , can I use a small quantity of it , once a week and then gruandually incrase?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Retin-A or tretinoin is a topical  form of vitamin A used to treat acne. However, this medicine is strictly under medical supervision because of unpleasant side effects. Using more medicine or applying it more often than prescribed will not make it work any faster, and may increase side effects. (ref:http://www.drugs.com/retin-a.html). If you want the red marks to fade, it is best that you have this evaluated first by your doctor or dermatologist for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.